Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Original Sensus Maps update (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=251401)

TimS Jul 5th, 2016 22:33

Mine was done today. Map scale now zooms into 1/32 of a mile, instead of the old 1/16. Radio lost all presets and the phone its bluetooth pairings. Doors were set to self-lock, which I'd turned off, however climate fan remembered it was on its low setting, rather than the default of medium.

Other than that, fine. Software version now 1111 with maps at V30.16.02.

GMcL Jul 6th, 2016 06:54

Software was uploaded by the dealer yesterday, I did the map upgrade yesterday evening at home.

Software update by the dealer took about an hour, cost was almost 50/50 split 26€ for software, 24€ labour the rest 19% VAT.

Map update took 2 hours 45 minutes from USB 3 32GB stick, I know the port in the car is USB 2 plus my car was one of the original builds from October 2010. I expect newer cars have faster drives in the dash. My battery charger was working pretty hard for the 2hours 45 minutes. The end is a bit untidy I got a message "Maps uploaded. Please eject disk to complete load". I unplugged the USB, the message did not change. I plugged the USB stick back in, it kicked off the load process again concluding software updated, process complete.

The BlueTooth upgrade is quicker to pair with my phone and the SatNav appears more responsive now.

The only quirk I've noticed is when streaming music from TuneIn the first time I increase the volume from the steering wheel results in the stream being stopped. Subsequent increases in volume work as expected.
The phone is an LG Nexus 5X running standard Android 6.

Overall, a worthwhile update.

apersson850 Jul 6th, 2016 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS (Post 2135245)
Other than that, fine. Software version now 1111 with maps at V30.16.02.

Interesting. My RTI software version bumped from 0903 to 1100. But my car is an XC70, that could be why. My maps are 30.16.04. The first number is the system code, the second the year and the third the region coverage code.

TimS Jul 6th, 2016 22:12

Sorry, I was wrong. It's 1100 30.16.04 now, same as yours.

andyg Jul 9th, 2016 11:42

Mine was done yesterday - all working fine

Yesterday I had the IHU software update done on my 2013 S80 by Snows at Salisbury, costing £55.68. The car reports it is now using software version 1100 and map version V 30.16.04 for Europe. Then I loaded the free Volvo map update using a 32GB USB memory stick. That took about 2 hours and no PIN numbers or codes were required. As I understand it my car is now capable of loading all future free map updates released by Volvo. For as long as they keep doing that anyway! Many thanks once again to wimorrison for bringing this to the attention of the community.

jjb Jul 15th, 2016 14:55

I'm having mine done this week. Does anyone know if it will have the speed camera POI built in. And if I need to add the speed/other POI's, will they be the same format as before?
Thanks.

apersson850 Jul 15th, 2016 16:45

Volvo claims they'll keep updating the maps until at least 2025. We'll see, if we still have our cars by then. As long as they do, the updates in the future will be at no additional cost. Only your time to download and install.

There are no cameras in these maps. Due to regulations changing in different countries regarding if such warnings are allowed or not, they have to be loaded separately, as POI files. They are GPX 1.1 with Volvo extensions, just as before.

GJB Jul 15th, 2016 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by apersson850 (Post 2140234)
Volvo claims they'll keep updating the maps until at least 2025. We'll see, if we still have our cars by then. As long as they do, the updates in the future will be at no additional cost. Only your time to download and install.

There are no cameras in these maps. Due to regulations changing in different countries regarding if such warnings are allowed or not, they have to be loaded separately, as POI files. They are GPX 1.1 with Volvo extensions, just as before.

How do you download please?

wimorrison Jul 15th, 2016 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by apersson850 (Post 2140234)

Got cameras in mine ...

Clan Jul 15th, 2016 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJB (Post 2140256)
How do you download please?

http://support.volvocars.com/uk/down...spx?cstype=map :thumbs_up: