Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Young T5 driver insurance (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=310296)

CalJJD Sep 26th, 2020 12:26

Young T5 driver insurance
 
Hi all,

I recently purchased my first 850 T5 saloon. I love being 22 and having something different from the usual Corsa or Fiesta which most young people seem to drive now a days!

My insurance is now up for renewal and my current insurer is ceasing business :Not_Impressed: Therefore I'm searching round and getting quotations from various insurers/specialist companies. However, I'm struggling to find one willing to provide a policy with agreed value, due to the car being a daily driver and being used for commuting.
I'm desperate to try and get an agreed value on the car due to its low mileage and condition (only done 30k).
Due to my age I can't get the car on a classic policy, otherwise I would have gone down this route :confused_smile: I've tried Adrian flux and Brentacre for an agreed value policy and both have responded negatively.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to who might be able to provide a decent quote with an agreed value? Or are there any other young T5 drivers out there who have had a similar experience or who have found suitable insurance?

Thanks in advance.

Callum

andrewpain Sep 26th, 2020 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalJJD (Post 2667985)
Hi all,

I recently purchased my first 850 T5 saloon. I love being 22 and having something different from the usual Corsa or Fiesta which most young people seem to drive now a days!

My insurance is now up for renewal and my current insurer is ceasing business :Not_Impressed: Therefore I'm searching round and getting quotations from various insurers/specialist companies. However, I'm struggling to find one willing to provide a policy with agreed value, due to the car being a daily driver and being used for commuting.
I'm desperate to try and get an agreed value on the car due to its low mileage and condition (only done 30k).
Due to my age I can't get the car on a classic policy, otherwise I would have gone down this route :confused_smile: I've tried Adrian flux and Brentacre for an agreed value policy and both have responded negatively.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to who might be able to provide a decent quote with an agreed value? Or are there any other young T5 drivers out there who have had a similar experience or who have found suitable insurance?

Thanks in advance.

Callum

I think you'll struggle to get classic cover on a daily driver, Callum.
Performance Direct might be able to help you, as they do a similar job to Flux, for different forums. They used to cover my 635, but wasn't a daily drive.
Good luck anyway.

ITSv40 Sep 26th, 2020 17:06

All insurers I have come across will only insure on an agreed value if the car is a second car. You must have a daily driver to be eligible.

Friendly Sep 26th, 2020 18:59

I have had a couple of VW vans (Basic Camper conversions) insured by Chris Knott on an agreed valuation and they were daily drivers. That was about 4yrs ago though.

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX Sep 26th, 2020 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalJJD (Post 2667985)
Hi all,

I recently purchased my first 850 T5 saloon. I love being 22 and having something different from the usual Corsa or Fiesta which most young people seem to drive now a days!

My insurance is now up for renewal and my current insurer is ceasing business :Not_Impressed: Therefore I'm searching round and getting quotations from various insurers/specialist companies. However, I'm struggling to find one willing to provide a policy with agreed value, due to the car being a daily driver and being used for commuting.
I'm desperate to try and get an agreed value on the car due to its low mileage and condition (only done 30k).
Due to my age I can't get the car on a classic policy, otherwise I would have gone down this route :confused_smile: I've tried Adrian flux and Brentacre for an agreed value policy and both have responded negatively.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to who might be able to provide a decent quote with an agreed value? Or are there any other young T5 drivers out there who have had a similar experience or who have found suitable insurance?

Thanks in advance.

Callum

Hi.
Were we able to offer you a quotation or was is just expensive in your eyes? We certainly could offer you a fixed agreed value.
Regards,
Dan.

CalJJD Sep 27th, 2020 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewpain (Post 2668055)
I think you'll struggle to get classic cover on a daily driver, Callum.
Performance Direct might be able to help you, as they do a similar job to Flux, for different forums. They used to cover my 635, but wasn't a daily drive.
Good luck anyway.


Brilliant, thanks for the reply Andrew. I'll check them out in the morning.

CalJJD Sep 27th, 2020 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITSv40 (Post 2668066)
All insurers I have come across will only insure on an agreed value if the car is a second car. You must have a daily driver to be eligible.

As you say, I think this being my daily will be the downfall.:sad_smile: Thank for the reply :regular_smile:

CalJJD Sep 27th, 2020 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friendly (Post 2668093)
I have had a couple of VW vans (Basic Camper conversions) insured by Chris Knott on an agreed valuation and they were daily drivers. That was about 4yrs ago though.

Ah thats interesting to hear! I tried giving them a ring and they advised that I have to be 23 or over, so just missed out. I'll keep them in mind though for next year.

CalJJD Sep 27th, 2020 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX (Post 2668129)
Hi.
Were we able to offer you a quotation or was is just expensive in your eyes? We certainly could offer you a fixed agreed value.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, apologies I should have explained in more detail in the post. The quote I received was far too expensive compared to standard quotes I was receiving.

The Thong Sep 28th, 2020 15:28

Try Skye Insurance, they’re cheap enough and easy on young drivers apparently.

TT


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:11.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.