Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How good are the ventilated seats? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313351)

mark2410 Jan 15th, 2021 17:55

How good are the ventilated seats?

Am currently looking to get another car and one im looking at doesnt have ventilated seats which i think i would like to have. My question there for is how good are they? they really great and a joy to have or are they meh, nice but no big deal?

Paul Wildsmith Jan 15th, 2021 18:41

I've had them on my 2009 S80 and current S90. Work fairly well, I would always specify.

Kev0607 Jan 15th, 2021 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 (Post 2698866)
Am currently looking to get another car and one im looking at doesnt have ventilated seats which i think i would like to have. My question there for is how good are they? they really great and a joy to have or are they meh, nice but no big deal?

I don't think you'll be using them too much in Edinburgh. :tounge_smile:

I-S Jan 15th, 2021 22:52

We have them in our Lexus.

They're not a killer "must have", unlike heated seats.

The problem with ventilated seats is that when you are sat on the seat there is very little flow as you block the vent holes. If its a hot/sweaty day they don't do a huge amount, until you lean forward to give a bit of room between yourself and the seat, then they can instantly freeze the sweat down your back.

Don't miss then in our other car, so I'll vote for nice but no big deal. Heated seats are an absolute must though.

Paul Wildsmith Jan 16th, 2021 11:16

I should add, that sometimes in certain conditions, and rather perversely I must admit, I like both the cooling ventilation and heating on at the same time.

Agree with the others that if a choice heating is the priority. But my policy is to include as much as possible of factory options, as its either impossible or very much more expensive do to so later.

EssexExile Jan 16th, 2021 11:59

Don't have leather then you won't need heating or ventilating. Except of course in the UK you get no choice.

paddy74 Jan 16th, 2021 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith (Post 2699057)
I should add, that sometimes in certain conditions, and rather perversely I must admit, I like both the cooling ventilation and heating on at the same time.

I find that the opposite of pervers, it sounds really comforting! :shocked: :D

george57l Jan 16th, 2021 22:02

Had them in a V70. Never used them. Unless you live in a regularly very hot climate I really wouldn't bother.

Paul Wildsmith Jan 17th, 2021 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddy74 (Post 2699145)
I find that the opposite of pervers, it sounds really comforting! :shocked: :D

and with the massage on as well --- bliss!

mark2410 Jan 17th, 2021 20:24

one thing no one mentioed yet, cleaning them.

for me the big plus with leather over cloth is that leather is wipe clean but surely the vent holes mean its can accumulate dirt and any cleaing plrays or wipes will help push dirt into the holes over time. To me this makes me think, eww grotty. i tke is since no one had mentioned its not anything of an issue they have noticed