Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S40 / V40 '96-'04 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   40 Series recalls (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=8892)

COBRA31 Mar 27th, 2006 07:56

the car pulling to the right never heard of tyres causing this? it could be a few things in fact:-
1. binding brake need to get the guide pins checked.
2. tracking
3. bent tierod arm.
4. bent wishbone.
5. bent hub
by the way i had all this on my 440gle hope this helps and dont take any rubbish from the the garage.

lexsewell Dec 28th, 2006 19:37

fuel leaks

Glad to hear about possible leaks.I'll be having our 03 v40 checked.
I swapped the battery out and do not have the stereo code.Can anyone help?

samott Jan 4th, 2007 12:22

V40 Recall

V/S 40 were recalled in Denmark two years ago for the described problem !

regards

Terence28 Jan 31st, 2007 11:03

Grateful for some advice on this one.

I have a 2003 (53) S40 2.0 T Sport (not new shape). I spoke to my local dealer (Stratstone Cardiff - not impressed with them so far) yesterday about this matter and was categorically told that there have not been any recalls on my car. I really pushed this with the chap I spoke to as, according to my understanding of Bob's initial posting, my car should have been recalled, but he told me that this was definately not the case.

Can anyone help or suggest a way forward. Is the problem only with the newer shape?

Thanks,

MattySA Jul 6th, 2007 17:44

hey

I would advise you to get hold of another volvo dealer and get a second opinion . Try Tollbar Twickenham Volvo 02086140000 , thats the number and I take my car there and they are really first class. It may be along way from where you live but if your car is affected they will tell you over the phone and tell you who to go to and they will send a work order to that dealer. For a dealer to not tell you about a fault like that and it turns out there is one you should complain because thats completly unacceptable.

lenny Sep 24th, 2008 17:57

2000 T4 front suspension recall???

Hi am new here and have bought a s40 t4 which i love but have a knocking on drivers side around suspension area. Was told that volvo recalled it which the bloke before should of done it before but i dont know what needs replacing. Had some mecanhic look over it and can't see what it is.......any help???? Thanks

foxhole Nov 4th, 2008 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenny (Post 407621)
Hi am new here and have bought a s40 t4 which i love but have a knocking on drivers side around suspension area. Was told that volvo recalled it which the bloke before should of done it before but i dont know what needs replacing. Had some mecanhic look over it and can't see what it is.......any help???? Thanks

Knocking at front is often loose or worn tie bar assembly.

gskm Mar 28th, 2009 20:27

I have received a letter from volvo about an outstanding technical update for my 53 plate V40, though it is diesel. I have no idea what it is about, so I gues I shall have to ring them

gskm

Dandle Jun 24th, 2009 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenny (Post 407621)

Look at the upper engine mount first thet always wears out and quicker on T4s. If that's ok then look at the suspension.

dunlop Jul 29th, 2009 23:36

Knocking around suspension area

Check bottom ball joint