Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Powerloss p2263 code (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=235938)

Dangerousdave Sep 3rd, 2015 20:40

Powerloss p2263 code

So I start the car and I drive with boost but shortly after the car pulls back the turbo and I no longer get the boost with my revs, the turbos no longer whistling.

I can turn the car off and then the boost is back until it decides to take it away again..

Earlier on I nipped up the boost hoses and thought I'd cured a leak as my test drive went well with no power loss, but another drive out later and I'm back to square one..

I've ran 2 wires to the red solenoid and I can feel it ping, but I don't know if that means it's 100% working.. Although the code points at it I've seen posts saying the actuator position sensor can also play up.. The problem is both units cost around £50 each and there's no guarantee they're the fault..

I just need to think long and hard about spending anymore on this car.. It cost £5000 or so and in 16months taken me for on the way to £3000, I need to stop the bleeding.

Anyone had similar experience?

cjj Sep 3rd, 2015 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerousdave (Post 1973646)
So I start the car and I drive with boost but shortly after the car pulls back the turbo and I no longer get the boost with my revs, the turbos no longer whistling.

I can turn the car off and then the boost is back until it decides to take it away again..

Earlier on I nipped up the boost hoses and thought I'd cured a leak as my test drive went well with no power loss, but another drive out later and I'm back to square one..

I've ran 2 wires to the red solenoid and I can feel it ping, but I don't know if that means it's 100% working.. Although the code points at it I've seen posts saying the actuator position sensor can also play up.. The problem is both units cost around £50 each and there's no guarantee they're the fault..

I just need to think long and hard about spending anymore on this car.. It cost £5000 or so and in 16months taken me for on the way to £3000, I need to stop the bleeding.

Anyone had similar experience?

The Turbocharger is "deactivating" itself for good reason - to prevent damage to the turbo and other mechanic parts. Trying to make the turbo spool when it doesn't want to, due to a fail safe, isn't going to achieve anything more than damage.

I would personally be checking the exhaust system for blockages. Slapping the belly of a silencer can give a quick indication of whether or not the baffling is loose, but it's worth pressure testing the exhaust system as P2263 can be the result of an issue on the turbine path, rather than the compressor.

Dangerousdave Sep 3rd, 2015 22:48

The exhaust should be free flowing, more than it should from factory..

I get the feeling the turbo must be overboosting, but which of my sensors is likely to be the cause? Or are the vanes on the vnt just giving me the billy big balls all the time..

This car has one chance left, its either these sensors or im breaking it..

cjj Sep 4th, 2015 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangerousdave (Post 1973734)
The exhaust should be free flowing, more than it should from factory..

I get the feeling the turbo must be overboosting, but which of my sensors is likely to be the cause? Or are the vanes on the vnt just giving me the billy big balls all the time..

This car has one chance left, its either these sensors or im breaking it..

If you use a program like 'Torque' for android then it should allow you to read the PID for the boost pressure anyway I think.

You'd be able to notice from there if and when the turbo is boosting and, as a result, how much boost it is supplying. This is the point in your diagnostics where you need to be understanding what each sensor does, and what values to expect. If you guess, without being able to condemn a part, you'll probably be frustrated by the outcome as it's not really an efficient way to go about things.

Dangerousdave Sep 4th, 2015 18:59

I have vida, but it's been reinstalled on the laptop and it's not talking to my dice.. I had another gizmo on the car on Tuesday I think and that pointed towards the sensor, I think it too a reading of 20psi or something which sounds high and reading through threads is a little high..

I've checked back my own posts and found that the day my engine blew it's oil seal is the day it first flagged the fault code above..

It seems the dpf fault and turbo boosting held hands and they wiped out my crankshaft oil seal and clutch..

I agree, I should really have been driving it but that's what I get for have a p1ss poor memory and a car that throws pages of fault codes of you fart near the ecm..

I'm confident that I just need to hunt down this turbo fault and get the vida fired up again to check..

Famous last words