Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rear Park Assist Fault (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=108960)

REDSHEEPRIDD Nov 10th, 2010 20:51

Rear Park Assist Fault

I have been getting a rear park assist service message intermittently for the last couple of weeks.
When it is on, I have no rear park assist, but for about 90% of the time it works fine and no message is displayed. (usually first thing in morning it does not work).
I had a diagnostics done a few weeks ago when the car was into the dealers, although no fault messages were showing.

The fault code printout, amongst many others, showed - REM -4F43 Parking assistance sensor 2 faulty signal.

Anyone know if this is just a bad connection to sensor 2, given the fact it works most of the time, or if it shows sensor 2 is on the way out and needs replacing?

Also - can I only get to this by removing the rear bumper etc?

BestGear Nov 10th, 2010 22:23

Hi

I am sorry to say, that I dont believe that the dealer could not see or retrieve any error messages as the extent and depth of information that the car holds would really impress you - when I connected up the laptop to my XC with a rear park assis error, it claimed the error had been seen 631 times... and it showed me the code...so its all logged! Anyway - they must have seen something to give you the code they did.

Sensor two is the second from the left as you look at the rear of the car.

If the error comes and goes, I would put money on it being either a rear sensor or possibly the wiring harness from sensors to controller - there was a recall for the wiring... depending on age.

Yes - the bumper has to come off to get to the sensor - there is a big cover over all the wires and sensors that can only be removed with the bumper off.

I did a wee write up for changing a sensor - with bumper removal - have a search and you will find it... I usually append "guide" to the post so its easier to find!

David

400-ascona Nov 11th, 2010 07:46

And I have sensors and a sensor harness for sale if you need them.

REDSHEEPRIDD Nov 11th, 2010 08:19

[QUOTE=BestGear;774968]Hi

I am sorry to say, that I dont believe that the dealer could not see or retrieve any error messages as the extent and depth of information that the car holds would really impress you -

Thanks for the help - I will look back for the guide.

Think I didnt explain this too well - the dealer gave me a full print out of all faults logged. I was referring that the message was not showing on the dashboard display as a fault "rear park assist service" at the time.

Ascona - can you pm me cost for the parts you have - are these "fit all" models? Mine is a 54 D5 auto.

Is it trial and error whether it is sensor or loom?

BestGear Nov 11th, 2010 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDSHEEPRIDD (Post 775088)
Is it trial and error whether it is sensor or loom?

The error from VIDA will be specific to a sensor.

I would check the loom while changing the sensor as the recall/failure was for water ingress so will be visible if you inspect the plugs etc when in bits.

You should be lucky in that you dont need a dealer to reset the error when you have changed the faulty sensor.

David

400-ascona Nov 11th, 2010 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDSHEEPRIDD (Post 775088)
Ascona - can you pm me cost for the parts you have - are these "fit all" models? Mine is a 54 D5 auto.

PM sent. Believe the part is the same.
Rob.

brough Nov 14th, 2010 14:09

parking assist

Just had the same problem, it started after heavy rain a few days ago, following the posts on this site, I removed the bumper cover and sensors. Put the sensors in the oven at 30C for half an hour and WD40 the connections, all good now.
Hope this helps, Steve.

tmcnall Jan 7th, 2017 15:44

Park Assist harness and sensors

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400-ascona (Post 775076)
And I have sensors and a sensor harness for sale if you need them.

How much do you want for the harnesses? My car is 2007 S80 V8

The harness part numbers would have to be 30786243 and 30786216

Doubt I need sensors and have 1 new one just in case already......

doingitsideways Jan 7th, 2017 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmcnall (Post 2218155)
How much do you want for the harnesses? My car is 2007 S80 V8

The harness part numbers would have to be 30786243 and 30786216

Doubt I need sensors and have 1 new one just in case already......

Doubt he still has them after 6 years, Fella