Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rear park assist service required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102448)

BestGear Aug 13th, 2010 23:09

Rear park assist service required

Hi Guys

Ok...my first problem with the xc90.... rear park assist service required message and no rear park assist working.

Is this fault usually a duff bumper sensor... like it often is in BMWs etc... the radio is 100% ok so I trust its nothing to do wth the other common problem!

No towbar and no bangs to bumper...

Can anyone confirm if, when the fault is removed (replace sensor for example) does the dash error clear or does it need a dealer trip for a reset?

I just read something about there being a recall for parking assist - anyone know the facts?

Thoughts?

David

GJB Aug 13th, 2010 23:20

Sounds like a sensor has paced in problem is finding out which one auto reset when OK

Arianne Aug 14th, 2010 22:24

BestGear,

This happened to us at the beginning of the year.

The dealer takes the car and reads the fault codes. This tells them which sensor is causing the fault.

Sadly for us, we were told that the whole set needs replacing and the dealer also has to remove the rear bumper from the car.

Afterwards they reset the fault code. Until the reset is undertaken the parking sensors are suspended and don't work at all.

I can dig out the cost from my file if you want to know what Clelands charged us. Let me know if you want us to do this.

I'm unware of any other solution or DIY fix.

Regards, Arianne.

BestGear Aug 14th, 2010 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJB (Post 723326)
Sounds like a sensor has paced in problem is finding out which one auto reset when OK

Many thanks - I see them on eBay for £32 new.... seems a good deal.. just need to confirm the part number as there are a few around...

I will get one and swap it until it is fixed... or buy a DICE interface.... which I am seriously looking to do too!

Arianne... I am hoping for an easy fix this time... not sure what dealers get uop to,.... and... I think I will get a DICE interface soon!

Many thanks for the advice.

David

NCS XC90 Aug 15th, 2010 10:43

Hi,
Not sure what a DICE interface is. Just changing the faulty sensor or fixing whatever is causing the error will not fix the problem without the fault code being reset. I’m sorry I cannot help with the resetting of the fault code- mine was done at an independent garage.
Neil

GJB Aug 15th, 2010 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCS XC90 (Post 723900)
Hi,
Not sure what a DICE interface is. Just changing the faulty sensor or fixing whatever is causing the error will not fix the problem without the fault code being reset. I’m sorry I cannot help with the resetting of the fault code- mine was done at an independent garage.
Neil

I had no need to get reset as it went once new sensor was fitted.

NCS XC90 Aug 15th, 2010 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJB (Post 723984)
I had no need to get reset as it went once new sensor was fitted.

I take it back then, you lucky sod :) Cost me what I felt was a ridiculous amount for just a click on a computer (I know they need to recover the costs of the software etc). Good luck BestGear – hope you don’t need the reset.
Neil

BestGear Aug 16th, 2010 10:06

Thanks for the help and advise Guys.

I just need to track down the correct part number now for a sensor, and hope that with 4 to choose from I pick the faulty one first!

Anyone know the part number for a MY05 sensor?

TIA

David

GJB Aug 16th, 2010 12:36

Ask Simon at FRF motors

BestGear Aug 16th, 2010 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by GJB (Post 724589)
Ask Simon at FRF motors

Hi, could do, but I was going for a hunt around (ok, cheap prices!) I would not be so cheeky!

I have found part number 30765108 - anyone confirm for a MY05 this is correct? Seems to be!

David