Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Door lights (wing mirrors) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=313799)

geoffs Jan 29th, 2021 17:25

Door lights (wing mirrors)

When are these supposed to come on?

I can get them to light when I press the lamp button on my key fob, but they don’t come on when I open the door to get in/out

Or is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

The locator lights also don’t come on when I unlock at night.

Thoughts??

Mattf1623 Jan 29th, 2021 18:05

I picked up my S60 R Design Nav Lux in November and had exactly the same thought, upon speaking to the dealer the puddle lights only come on when using the lamp button on the remote, bizarre as all other cars I've had with puddle lights come on automatically when unlocking the car .

Hucksterhawk Jan 29th, 2021 18:15

On my C30 when ignition is off you pull the indicator light stalk towards you to switch on all the lights, (guide me home) the puddle lights come on then, all lights on for thirty seconds (you can change duration in lighting settings).

Regards

Steven

Mattf1623 Jan 29th, 2021 18:22

Cheers Steven , I'll try this after work tonight to see if it applies to mine !!

Deck1ng Jan 29th, 2021 18:37

[QUOT bizarre as all other cars I've had with puddle lights come on automatically when unlocking the car .[/QUOTE]

But a Volvo isn’t like every other car. It doesn’t have to be .

Bashy Jan 29th, 2021 22:18

I asked this same question a few weeks back (V70), mine dont even come on pulling the stalk back, that just flashes the neighbours opposite :shocked::teeth_smile:

Deck1ng Jan 31st, 2021 11:19

Checked last night on my XC60 2012. Fob button only, front LED lights, Orange side markers, mirror puddle lights, rear Lamps.
I get none of these when just unlocking car in dark.

geoffs Feb 20th, 2021 21:11

OK, so few weeks on now, mirror lights are only on the fob button, so installed the puddle lights in the bottom of the door pockets, work great in the dark, light the ground up excellently when you open the front doors.

If you dont have them already, i can reccomend you fit some, really easy and the wiring is already in place, you just have to release the door card (couple of screw and some clips along the bottom. Look for a bit of foam and a couple of wires taped up near the middle of the door.

Stevepvolvo Feb 21st, 2021 10:19

Hi Geoff’s
Sounds intriguing 🤨
1) what’s your vehicle?
2) where did you get the lights from ?
3) some pics ?
Cheers

laing Feb 21st, 2021 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffs (Post 2711715)
OK, so few weeks on now, mirror lights are only on the fob button, so installed the puddle lights in the bottom of the door pockets, work great in the dark, light the ground up excellently when you open the front doors.

If you dont have them already, i can reccomend you fit some, really easy and the wiring is already in place, you just have to release the door card (couple of screw and some clips along the bottom. Look for a bit of foam and a couple of wires taped up near the middle of the door.

It' something i'd like to do to my XC60 but not sure if it has the wires for doing this also will need to get the right tools to remove the door card if you have any pics much appreciated