Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   oxford meet? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=28574)

mikecrox Dec 24th, 2006 09:02

Hi minsa240x3 million only joking

Please bring your 240 along im looking forward to seeing it, if you know any body else with a classic or modern they are more than welcome to bring it along, im going to ask my friend if he wants to take his pv to Oxford if not i will take my car, lets hope it not raining or blowing a gale on the day see you soon guys.

Mike :)

CTCNetwork Dec 24th, 2006 09:43

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by minesa240x3 (Post 183396)
hi mike the 21st sounds great to me,looking forward to meeting some of you.one thing though,am i the only 240 nut who is coming? if so will i be able to park next to all those ultra new shiny cars without looking like an antique,come on all you 240 owners lets see if we can keep up numbers,

Mike, you can always park next to my "not quite so new" V90, they are of a similar heritage, after all... :)

Des. . . ;)

pzorb Dec 24th, 2006 11:56

Two words you wouldn't use to describe my 850 are shiny and new. It went off-roading in the fog to rescue a van that didn't bother slowing down for an icy 90 degree bend, and the 186,000 miles on the clock often confuses new service staff at the dealership when they see that the normal service sheets don't go anywhere near that high.
Though it has recently got a new Magic Tree.

Alec Dawe Dec 27th, 2006 18:29

Damn!!! Just checked the diary, and I can't make the 21st. My wife is going away with 48 school children on a field trip (she's braver than me) and I have to take her to the pick up point.
Saturday 20th is out too, I'm crawling about inside a steam boiler that day (actual paid work would you believe), so looks like I'll have to miss this meet.

CTCNetwork Dec 27th, 2006 18:31

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec Dawe (Post 184220)
Damn!!! Just checked the diary, and I can't make the 21st.

Bugger.....
No way out at all??? :hissyfit:

Des. . . ;)

IC Dec 27th, 2006 18:38

I don't think I can make it either, I've got a meeting on Saturday evening and Sunday morning, shame as it's only a 150 mile 'round trip for me rather than the 340 miles 'round trip of Stoke. If I can make it I will try - all depends when the meeting finishes in the morning.....

Alec Dawe Dec 27th, 2006 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTCNetwork (Post 184221)
Hi,

Bugger.....
No way out at all??? :hissyfit:

Des. . . ;)

Doesn't look like it. I have to drive Marion to load the kids at 11.30 in wildest Norfolk, so getting from there to Oxford for the meet at that time is most unlikely, plus I would have teenage daughter to look after as well, and she hates the 240 so much that she almost refuses to ride in it, and hides in the footwells if we pass any of the er, "friends" if I pick her up from school in it!

CTCNetwork Dec 28th, 2006 09:15

Hi,

Shame... And Iain too... ;(

Ohh well.. Will have to make do with out you... :mumbles:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec Dawe (Post 184224)
and she hates the 240 so much that she almost refuses to ride in it, and hides in the footwells if we pass any of the er, "friends" if I pick her up from school in it!

At least there is room in them for her to hide.. Not in some new fangled cars...!

Des. . . ;)

Pedro Fandango Jan 8th, 2007 19:45

1 mikecrox
2 CTCNetwork
3 minesa240x3
4 pzorb
5 MissD with Mildred (her first meet)
6 pedro fandango

come on folks theres got to be more coming than that, & has someone got a full address for the pub please

CTCNetwork Jan 9th, 2007 09:37

Hi,

Given we have 2 topics on this we should cut one and use the other as the main topic for the meet?
Linky....

And make minds up on which pub it is?

Des. . . ;)