Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120, 1800 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Classic Collection for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=106528)

Space Composites Oct 8th, 2010 22:43

Classic Collection for sale

I have what is in my opinion at least, the most original and solid 121 4 door amazon in cream for sale. Still has poly on inner b-pillars, I have owned it since 1991 and it's been garaged every night. Very! reluctant sale. No rust whatsoever. I will entertain anyone that is serious about owning a very fine example. With this in mind, I am posting no pictures (check out press photos from 1965) and will refuse any offer below £7500. I have owned many Amazons and kept this one as a time capsule for two decades. Might also sell my rally prepaired PV444 for the right money. It's done the Monty twice and has bills on engine alone for more than £14K since 1999.

Please accept my reluctance to show images but I would really prefer serious collectors as apposed to ebay class punters (no offense). Please email me at grahambrowne@live.co.uk for further information or viewings.

Moosejaw Oct 9th, 2010 16:48

While I appreciate your lack of tolerance for what you undoubtedly see as time wasters, you're going to have to be a bit more willing to help if you're seriously expecting anyone to show interest in a standard (non GT) Amazon you're wanting easily twice the going rate for.

Pictures, or at least a link to an album, would help.

capt jack Oct 9th, 2010 17:22

People sell all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. The one thing that unites all purchases is that the price is absolutely determined by the what the buyer will pay.

I think when advertising a car it pays to put yourself in the position of the potential buyer.

Ask yourself this - would you respond positively to an advert like this? There are no photos, so would you agree to travel to the back of beyond to view on over-priced standard Amazon where the seller clearly states that he won't accept a penny less than double the true value?

Would you really take anyone seriously whose opener is 'In my opinion....'?

You're new on here, so maybe you haven't got the gist of this yet so here's a little insider's tip: The guys and girls on here are a decent friendly bunch of folk who's common interest is their Volvo cars. It's a club, which means people join in to help out and be helped.

Imagine walking in to a nice cosy local and announcing your presence as you've announced yours here. Would you really expect anyone to rush up and buy you a drink?

I don't doubt your car is very nice. Good luck with the sale. You may get £7500 for it, maybe not. Whatever.

Cheers

Jack

tdz840 Oct 9th, 2010 19:20

It is interesting to note when you read your statistics that you were interested in a 740 turbo but requested pictures first.
As Captain Jack and Moose jaw said you need to be more amenable.
Im sure you didnt mean it to but your post does sound very sanctimonious.
Russ

Citizen.Agfa Oct 9th, 2010 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdz840 (Post 755802)
Im sure you didnt mean it to but your post does sound very sanctimonious.
Russ

You mean up his own jacksie?

C.A.

tdz840 Oct 9th, 2010 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen.Agfa (Post 755826)
You mean up his own jacksie?

C.A.

He He!!;)
On the money!

Alf ista Oct 11th, 2010 20:25

I find it amazing that someone advertises a car with no pictures but says "(check out press photos from 1965)". So, look at pictures of a new car to get a feel for a 45 year old example!!!
Owned since '91 and garaged every night..... what about the previous quarter of a century?

pez Oct 11th, 2010 21:29

i,ll give yer a grand for it without even seeing it!!
hows that for an offer!!

gillberry Oct 11th, 2010 22:12

He obviously is so attached to his cars that he is deliberately putting off buyers but can say to whoever that he is trying to sell them . Or you could be right and his head has long since disappeared up ?

woodman Oct 12th, 2010 11:28

Call me a heathen if you wish, but I've never understood the logic of paying twice as much for a car you're not going to use as for one that you are. All but the really top end, museum piece cars will never be an investment, always a cost. My Amazon is transport, first and foremost, and if it won't go out in the rain and the snow and the traffic, it'll be up on ebay. I love it because it goes, not just because it sits around looking nice.

Having said that, I do know someone who has a heated, carpeted garage full of hugely expensive vintage cars. So each to their own.