Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Volvo Dealers (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=291390)

WABB Feb 3rd, 2019 13:22

Volvo Dealers

My local Volvo dealer, Murray Volvo of Edinburgh (who I found to be very good) has been sold to John Clark & unfortunately my initial impressions/experiences of their Edinburgh branch are not good. Has anyone got positive experience of this dealer or can comment on my alternatives - Clelands of Galashiels, Strathmore in Perth or Taggarts in Glasgow - sales and/or servicing please? Thank you.

S60RDesign Feb 3rd, 2019 13:33

If the staff stay the experience might stay the same? I'd say if you've been happy there's no need to go somewhere else unless the service quality drops.

DSK Feb 3rd, 2019 14:05

Often the existing staff either are looking to move on or have to work to the new rules. I have seen this personally where good dealerships have been taken over and and 'service' suddenly change.

kenny Feb 3rd, 2019 14:50

Oh not good, they must be bad because Murray Volvo were just the pits. I did once get good service there when one of the service advisors were on holiday and their master tech was serving. Anyother time was dire, shower of useless lying turds is a very kind description of my experience.
I have been told Claylands in Gala are very good and I can vouch for Stratmore in Perth. The oldest Volvo dealer in the country and have won Volvo dealer of the year several times.

60041 Feb 3rd, 2019 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by WABB (Post 2491810)
My local Volvo dealer, Murray Volvo of Edinburgh (who I found to be very good) has been sold to John Clark & unfortunately my initial impressions/experiences of their Edinburgh branch are not good. Has anyone got positive experience of this dealer or can comment on my alternatives - Clelands of Galashiels, Strathmore in Perth or Taggarts in Glasgow - sales and/or servicing please? Thank you.

I can vouch for Clelands, having dealt with them for almost 25 years.
They are still family owned and are small enough to care and treat all their customers as valued.

WABB Feb 3rd, 2019 16:30

Kenny - Sorry to hear of your experience with Murray Volvo - I dealt with them for approx. 20 years with very few issues - all resolved to my satisfaction. Thank you for your response

Jms153 Feb 3rd, 2019 16:53

I can vouch for Strathmore Volvo as have had dealings with them for over 20 years, both sales and service
I know of customers who travel down from Skye for servicing
Service for my v40 was at least £50 cheaper than the new John Clark dealership in Dundee using price checker on Volvo web site
Free curtacy car included with insurance, just add fuel

SignumGB Feb 4th, 2019 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by WABB (Post 2491810)

I use Strathmore Volvo in Perth. Highly recommend them and bought two Volvos from there. Wasn't impressed with that Edinburgh branch either.

Bendolfc Feb 4th, 2019 14:13

I suspect there may be a few dealers that change hands in the near future as it looks like Volvo are trying to enforce a more premium look and feel so are forcing some investment.

Kastner in Exeter are moving to a new showroom shortly and I beleive Rybrook Warrington are also moving.

I guess those with tight margins may feel the required investment isn't worth it.

Dibble Feb 5th, 2019 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenny (Post 2491838)
Oh not good, they must be bad because Murray Volvo were just the pits. I did once get good service there when one of the service advisors were on holiday and their master tech was serving. Anyother time was dire, shower of useless lying turds is a very kind description of my experience.
I have been told Claylands in Gala are very good and I can vouch for Stratmore in Perth. The oldest Volvo dealer in the country and have won Volvo dealer of the year several times.

I use Strathmore in Perth but also a local independent. I bought my first Amazon from Strathmore in 1971. Always had excellent service.