Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Catalytic converter V90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289545)

derek vivian Dec 11th, 2018 09:17

Catalytic converter V90

Has anyone else had problems with finding the correct Catalyser for the 1997 V90? I thought I'd found one on line, bought it, but now the garage is having to cut and extend the pipe because it won't reach the middle silencer. Not only that, but it is about 1 to 1.5 inches lower so the middle silencer might have to be lowered somehow. Yet I have double/treble checked the Catalytic Coverter was the correct one listed for my car (V90 2.9). I'd be interested if there are any thoughts on this that might help get me car back with me!?

derek vivian Dec 11th, 2018 16:12

Catalytic Converter V90

I am replying to my own query because I have now received back my car with the old catalyser put back on it as the one purchased from Autosessive is clearly not the correct one for the V90 so I now have to claim refund and something towards the garage bill of £236 it cost me to discover I was sold the wrong one! So I am now searching for a Volvo original design/size etc Catalytic Conver for my V90 1997 model. Any ideas from where I can get one please?

classicswede Dec 13th, 2018 18:25

I have a used one removed from a car with no running faults.

If you want new then I would either go Genuine Volvo or stick in a race cat. Non of the aftermarket stuff works as well as original cats from my experiance

derek vivian Dec 14th, 2018 14:40

Catalytic Converter V90

Thanks for the info Classicswede. Others have said go for a genuine Volvo Cat, but from where? So far my searches have not uncovered anyone selling a 'Genuine Volvo' exhaust so if you know one please advise. I have not so far considered a 'race Cat', but would be grateful for any info on the suitability of such a Cat. Regards

derek vivian Dec 15th, 2018 15:59

Catalytic Converter V90

Having had a good look round on line I have discovered a Mefex Catalytic Converter with twin pipes from a German supplier. The price is more that I have seen in uk at £369 delivered free, but I get the impression it would fit properly. Does anyone know of this brand etc? I won't need to buy until next month so no hurry! Thanks guys.

Dirty Rooster Dec 15th, 2018 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek vivian (Post 2474798)
... so I now have to claim refund and something towards the garage bill of £236 it cost me to discover I was sold the wrong one!

Blimey!
I feel sorry for your situation.
I have no constructive advice, sorry.

jack taylor Dec 16th, 2018 03:18

Hi, Have you tried Skandix, there stuff is very good.

derek vivian Dec 16th, 2018 18:53

Catalytic Converter V90

I had a look at Skandix but they didn't seem to be able to offer a Cat exactly
fitting for my V90.

derek vivian Dec 17th, 2018 10:52

Catalytic Converter V90

Well, my saga continues and I have been getting conflicting advice (not from Forum!) to the extent tat I shall now leave well alone until the Lambda light comes on again. It is off at present so may be things will be OK for a while. Mind you this is exactly what happened in September 2017 when the BM catalytic converter model BM 90426 was installed and that now will stay there for now. I was concerned that BM quoted this model for the (^) 2.5 model and I have challenged them about this, but they are adamant it is OK for my V90 2.9 so what can I say!? iF the light comes on again I'll then have another go, but meanwhile if anyone knows from where I can get a genuine Volvo twin pipes plus catalytic converter please let me know. Happy festivities

derek vivian Dec 17th, 2018 11:49

Catalytic Converter V90

Hi classicswede. I sent you an email via your web site asking for price delivered for the used cat if you still have it. Did you get the email? Anyway either reply to my email or pm me here. Thanks. Derek Vivian