Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Volvo Quarter Mile Figures (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22831)

RT Mechanics Oct 8th, 2006 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by don kalmar union (Post 155728)
My customer, Andy Ward got his improved, sub 14 sec. time at York Raceway yesterday, helped by some further developements including a new KU big intercooler.

Regards, Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

UK Distributor of MTE Swedish Engineered Software.

Hi Don

Do you have all the terminal speeds for all the above times i am just interested good times for your customer.

Russ

don kalmar union Oct 8th, 2006 20:57

Good evening Russ,

Andy is sending me down the copies of his tickets, so I can hopefully put them up in a day or two.

He is also intending to join the VOC and get posting up himself.

Regards, Don.

awmrpip Nov 28th, 2006 00:17

You've Just been Volvo'd !

Hi there like to introduce myself. My name is Andy Ward im currently running a Volvo 850 R Project started last year.

1996 N reg originaly an X-motorway Police car with high milage 160k was in a tired condition when i bought it the original engine was a standard T5 block.

Mechanic said it would need a lot of work to sort it out,but i liked the car so much i decided to keep it as a project, spend many hours looking on ebay for Volvo parts and came across something very interesting a Volvo 850 R brand new block still in its crate, i was very lucky to win the bid :Banane32:

I then had the starting point for my project, and needed to do some shopping about for a new Turbo (Volvo 18 T) and managed to get one for £500, I heard that you could have work done to the ECU and managed to get hold of a gentleman called Don Norchi :Banane32:
Who was very Helpfull and had a lot of time to speak to me and advise me about the different options that were available to me in terms of upgrades and modifications

Over the months i have bought quite a lot of parts from Don at www.Kalmar-Union.com all of which were very resonably priced and have been of a very high quality.

The ECU re-mapping service that i chose through Don was done by one of his contacts Marco :Banane32: i sent my ECU by post to Sweeden where it was programed then returned to me within a week, What a difference this made to the car the pulling power and the acceleration were in a completly different league VERY VERY Happy :biggrin2: and would highly recommend This gentleman.

Current Upgardes

Volvo 850 R Block
Volvo 18 T Turbo
Re-Mapped ECU (ww.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated Ignition Leads
K&N Air Filter
3" Down Pipe from Turbo with Sports Cat (www.kalmar-union.com)
Paddle Clutch (www.kalmar-union.com)
Standard T5 Gear box (Full Re-biuld)
Dump Valve (www.kalmar-union.com)
Samco sports Hoses air and oil (www.kalmar-union.com)
Strut Brace (www.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated Intercooler (www.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated brakes
Uprated suspension
Limted slip Diff (www.kalmar-union.com)

Currently running @ 17 PSI and has been on the rolling road at Wellane Turbo Yorkshire had 2 runs 1 on a warm day in summer and hit 298bhp we tested it again once the uprated intercooler was fitted and the Boost pressure was taken up to 17 PSI and it hit 322 bhp @ 6300 rpm on a cool day :biggrin2:
if anyone wants to see the graphs just ask and i'll post them soon.

I also take the Volvo to York Raceway and finished the season off with a time of 13.9 standing Quater if you want to look for results go into York Raceway driver number T687 Andy Ward

The car is off road for the winter and im still on with the project

Future Mods

Big Turbo
Forged Pistons and Con rods (www.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated Head work
Further ECU work Marco :Banane32:

Hoping to hit early 13's next year :biggrin2:

Many thanks once again to www.kalmar-union.com see you next year for some more goodies

for further info on modifications/upgrades contact don at kalmar union

Andy Ward :biggrin2:

bobcat Nov 28th, 2006 01:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by awmrpip (Post 173759)
Hi there like to introduce myself. My name is Andy Ward im currently running a Volvo 850 R Project started last year.

1996 N reg originaly an X-motorway Police car with high milage 160k was in a tired condition when i bought it the original engine was a standard T5 block.

Mechanic said it would need a lot of work to sort it out,but i liked the car so much i decided to keep it as a project, spend many hours looking on ebay for Volvo parts and came across something very interesting a Volvo 850 R brand new block still in its crate, i was very lucky to win the bid :Banane32:

I then had the starting point for my project, and needed to do some shopping about for a new Turbo (Volvo 18 T) and managed to get one for £500, I heard that you could have work done to the ECU and managed to get hold of a gentleman called Don Norchi :Banane32:
Who was very Helpfull and had a lot of time to speak to me and advise me about the different options that were available to me in terms of upgrades and modifications

Over the months i have bought quite a lot of parts from Don at www.Kalmar-Union.com all of which were very resonably priced and have been of a very high quality.

The ECU re-mapping service that i chose through Don was done by one of his contacts Marco :Banane32: i sent my ECU by post to Sweeden where it was programed then returned to me within a week, What a difference this made to the car the pulling power and the acceleration were in a completly different league VERY VERY Happy :biggrin2: and would highly recommend This gentleman.

Current Upgardes

Volvo 850 R Block
Volvo 18 T Turbo
Re-Mapped ECU (ww.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated Ignition Leads
K&N Air Filter
3" Down Pipe from Turbo with Sports Cat (www.kalmar-union.com)
Paddle Clutch (www.kalmar-union.com)
Standard T5 Gear box (Full Re-biuld)
Dump Valve (www.kalmar-union.com)
Samco sports Hoses air and oil (www.kalmar-union.com)
Strut Brace (www.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated Intercooler (www.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated brakes
Uprated suspension
Limted slip Diff (www.kalmar-union.com)

Currently running @ 17 PSI and has been on the rolling road at Wellane Turbo Yorkshire had 2 runs 1 on a warm day in summer and hit 298bhp we tested it again once the uprated intercooler was fitted and the Boost pressure was taken up to 17 PSI and it hit 322 bhp @ 6300 rpm on a cool day :biggrin2:
if anyone wants to see the graphs just ask and i'll post them soon.

I also take the Volvo to York Raceway and finished the season off with a time of 13.9 standing Quater if you want to look for results go into York Raceway driver number T687 Andy Ward

The car is off road for the winter and im still on with the project

Future Mods

Big Turbo
Forged Pistons and Con rods (www.kalmar-union.com)
Uprated Head work
Further ECU work Marco :Banane32:

Hoping to hit early 13's next year :biggrin2:

Many thanks once again to www.kalmar-union.com see you next year for some more goodies

for further info on modifications/upgrades contact don at kalmar union

Andy Ward :biggrin2:

Nice mod list there andy, definately one of the fastest 1/4 mile 850's in the uk.

be good to see how the car progresses along, why not start a new thread in the project volvo section to keep us all updated.

SIAMBLUE Nov 28th, 2006 04:07

Nice work Andy, it's funny how the 850's seem to be faster than the early 70 series,

Gary,

Engineer Nov 29th, 2006 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIAMBLUE (Post 173826)
Nice work Andy, it's funny how the 850's seem to be faster than the early 70 series,

Gary,

Is this an R weight thing lol......:angry2:

SIAMBLUE Nov 29th, 2006 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engineer (Post 174379)
Is this an R weight thing lol......:angry2:

i would say the 850's weren't as refined as the later R's so had less weight,

Gary,

Engineer Nov 29th, 2006 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIAMBLUE (Post 174412)
i would say the 850's weren't as refined as the later R's so had less weight,

Gary,

lol Gaz, might be the answer mate, same applies to Stuarts, Dons and other cars I could mention lol. I like my luxury and its worth giving away a second or 2 down the 1/4 to me. :)

Wobbly Dave Jan 21st, 2007 01:35

1 Attachment(s)
Black one did 14.1 at 103 (not me driving coz I am rubbish at it) - with the Welsh wonder at the wheel

0 - 60 at Donny was measured at 5.9 secs

Sadly I couldnt keep her on the road

Wobbly Dave Jan 21st, 2007 01:37

Silver one

1 Attachment(s)
My new steed (sp?) did 15.4 circa 94 mph

Still more work needed

Least this one is more shiny