Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57125)

alexx Mar 4th, 2010 12:56

I keep coming back to Simon time after time, I hope he stays around as long as my Volvo does!!! :D

A* Service, nothing less everytime!

cumbrianmale Mar 5th, 2010 00:08

Nice web form Simon, better than relying on PM's and Email :thumbs_up:

Rufe Mar 9th, 2010 14:48

Thank you. It has to be said that this form appears to be working quite nicely so far in fairness.

It will be easier for me when everyone is using the link in my signature for parts enquiries, though its only been a few days since it was created and we are definitely getting an increased number of enquiries through it each day so far.

Big Thanks to every one once again.

Simon :D

red850r Mar 10th, 2010 20:32

I recently sent Simon an inquiry, which I havent replied to yet,ooooppppss
Sorry simon.
Just want to say thanks and to echo everybody elses comments, first class service, with very detailed and complete information provided and all replied to very quickly.
cheers

Bhowani 2 Mar 15th, 2010 10:07

More plaudits

Simon

Parts ordered Thursday, here 0815 Monday....more great service! Thanks

Bhowani
V50 2.4 (A) LPG

kev240 Mar 24th, 2010 11:20

V70 2001 Tailgate Spoiler

Hi can you please give me a price for a 2001 V70 Tailgate Spoiler ?
Thanks,
kevin.

Rufe Mar 24th, 2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev240 (Post 639780)
Hi can you please give me a price for a 2001 V70 Tailgate Spoiler ?
Thanks,
kevin.

Hi Kev,

I can see you posted this just before you found our parts enquiry link. I have replied to the message you sent me through that link earlier on today so please simply let us know if you wish to proceed with the order.

Just in case anyone else does the same I will post a reminder, so for all parts enquiries please remember to use this link first (the link is also in my banner below too):

http://www.frfvolvo.co.uk/mo-volvo-parts.asp

All the very best!

Simon :)

dcw Mar 30th, 2010 11:03

Thanks!

Thank you to Simon for his extremely swift assistance with a radio code yesterday. Excellent service - will be back for parts I'm sure!

David

TB1 Mar 31st, 2010 16:54

A big thankyou to Si for getting me the driveshaft and other bits for my car, for a reasoanble price, as no where else seems to have them in stock!

Si - the bits have all been fitted and the car is again nice and quiet, shame Volvo changed the design of the bearing and carrier but at least they have recognised it was a weak design!

btsam Apr 6th, 2010 18:47

just wanted to say a huge thanks to you simon and your team.

fantastic service and speedy delivery, top mounts for my v40 arrived safe and sound

order again soon

diolch yn fawr!

sam

Rufe Apr 7th, 2010 14:44

Thank you to everyone once again for your feedback, and I would like to say I am sorry if I have not replied to everyone quite yet who sent messages over Easter, as once again being off for 2 working days has caused me no end of hassle with a mountain of enquiries all piled up here.

I am currently working through them all as quickly as possible and have now got through almost everyone's messages but unfortunately there are still a number of you I am yet to reply to, all I can do is apologise for this but I will reply to everyone as soon as possible. I do spend all my working time online working through the mail order enquiries and even this is never enough time to get through everyone's messages as quickly as I would sometimes like.

Please bare with me while I clear this little backlog and it will all be back to normal again shortly... I hope, lol!

Simon :) :thumbs_up:

philharris Apr 8th, 2010 21:23

cheers simon, liner arrived today, top service as ever

deathrider311271 Apr 9th, 2010 17:28

is the form working??? i sent a request over 2 days ago still no answernot impressed as i will now have to go to my local stealer

chrisnjulie Apr 9th, 2010 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathrider311271 (Post 649549)
is the form working??? i sent a request over 2 days ago still no answernot impressed as i will now have to go to my local stealer

Very unusual for Simon not to reply - have you tried ringing the garage?

Paul240480 Apr 9th, 2010 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisnjulie (Post 649558)
Very unusual for Simon not to reply - have you tried ringing the garage?

Guessing he may still be battling a back log of orders as per post #171 above

chrisnjulie Apr 9th, 2010 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul240480 (Post 649566)
Guessing he may still be battling a back log of orders as per post #171 above

Dunno, but I sent an enquiry yesterday and got an answer this morning, so I don't know why deathrider hasn't had a reply?

deathrider311271 Apr 10th, 2010 14:13

i must apologise to Simon and FRF it looks like hotmail has the problem not them, the email turned up today and was sent on the 8th, not impressed with hotmail.

244T Apr 11th, 2010 08:51

A Big Thank You

Rufe.... Just want to say a big thank you for your helpwith the radio code, thanks I know it was not a straight forward one to find but we got there in the end

Thanks again

Rufe Apr 12th, 2010 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathrider311271 (Post 649549)

I had already sent you the quote again after reading your pm this morning, I thought it may have ended up in your spam folder perhaps, as I have seen this happen before. I did reply as you can now see, god knows where thats been.
Glad you found it as that was one very long list of items as you know!

All the best,

fowlerman Apr 15th, 2010 13:05

Thanks once again to Rufe and the rest of the parts department, ordered Tuesday am, arrived Thursday am. Good prices too! Can't get better than that. :thumbs_up:

Pete.

doc_power Apr 15th, 2010 23:14

Just to add my thoughts, a very efficient and timely serive from intial enquiry to very prompt delivery of my volvo part. I will no doubt be seeking your services again! Keep up the good work with flexbility on how the item is sent.
Regards

Doc_power

acshortt5 Apr 16th, 2010 09:19

Simon

Are you having trouble getting parts from Sweden at the moment?

I ask because I think my reverse I/C pipe on my recent order was coming from Sweden.

Clearly any air freight is not going to get into the country atm, will volvo ship parts by truck instead?

Andrew

Rufe Apr 16th, 2010 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by acshortt5 (Post 653489)
Simon

Are you having trouble getting parts from Sweden at the moment?

I ask because I think my reverse I/C pipe on my recent order was coming from Sweden.

Clearly any air freight is not going to get into the country atm, will volvo ship parts by truck instead?

Andrew

The Volcanic Ash Cloud which is currently causing lots of problems all over Europe will possibly affect a small number of our orders where parts have to come to us from Sweden. At this point Volvo have only warned us there will be delays with some back order items, but have not said if they will be shipping these items by road freight instead. This should not affect any of our UK customers too much we hope, as 90% of the parts we sell on a daily basis are stocked within the UK generally, though any orders that are due to be sent outside of the UK are going to be delayed by this Volcanic ash cloud.

Andrew your part is on a different type of back order to most parts and may well have been coming to us by road anyway, though I will let you know if I have any updates on this.

Simon

RF82 Apr 16th, 2010 11:29

Hi,

Would you be able to get middle and rear exhaust sections for a 1991 960 2.9 24v saloon at all?

What price would we be looking at if you can?

Thanks,

Rob

Rufe Apr 16th, 2010 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RF82 (Post 653565)
Hi,

Would you be able to get middle and rear exhaust sections for a 1991 960 2.9 24v saloon at all?

What price would we be looking at if you can?

Thanks,

Rob

Hello Rob,

Yes I should imagine I can get these items, please can you complete this form and I will get back to you with prices and ordering details.

Many thanks

RF82 Apr 16th, 2010 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufe (Post 653656)
Hello Rob,

Yes I should imagine I can get these items, please can you complete this form and I will get back to you with prices and ordering details.

Many thanks

Thanks Simon,

Just done this.

TomKlan Apr 22nd, 2010 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufe (Post 397280)
My name is Simon and I have worked in the parts department at FRF Motors (a Volvo main dealer) for the best part of the last 10 years. I actually worked in a Nissan dealership parts department for a couple of years before here, selling parts. I have a genuine interest in cars and modifying, involving spending many weekends over the years at various meets and events of every type, camping or staying at most of the tracks around the country for various things. Luckily for me, my partner (lottie) is 100% as keen on cars as i am, belonging to many forums herself, and has allways been happy to join me.

I feel that the fact I have been a fairly big user of many forums over the last 5 or 6 years all helps me provide the service that I would expect to get if i was on the buying side of the equation. Main delaers tend to have a bad name i find, (sometimes it is justified of course, but not all times) and it can feel like an uphill batte at times trying to convince people that not everyone at every dealership is the enemy.

Working in a Volvo main dealer and being a big fourm user meant that eventualy the two came together. First of all i was allways able to offer any help or adivce that i could from the systems i use daily. Then i would sometimes get asked how much i could supply a certain part for, and i would sell a part here or there, though this then quickly snowballed in the amount that i was supplying through mail order, where today it is pretty much a full time job for me. I have the full backing for what I do, from the rest of the parts team in the dealership, though i tend to handle 99% of the enquiries myself. If you send me a message on this or any other site i use0 or to the email, it will allways be myself who is replying to you.

Over the years I have supplied countless parts to internet forum users, all of which have been given the maximum discount by us which varies from part to part. I take the cost price then add a small percentage to that price to hopefully make it the best possible price you will find for the genuine item, even after postage is added generally we will be cheaper than getting it locally. I haven't used gimmicks, I simply give the best possible price at all times.

I would like to add that I personaly have no financial gain from this, i do not make anything extra from this service, (as i have been asked on a few occassions). For me it really is a case of piles of extra work... lol (honest!) but i enjoy doing it and enjoy being able to provide this service to fellow volvo owners.

During normal office hours I am almost always available for help or to give prices for parts although I may not be able to reply to you outside working hours.

Please use this link for all of your parts enquiries:

**FRF MAIL ORDER PARTS ENQUIRIES**.....

and I will always reply at the first possible opportunity.

All quotes given will show the full Volvo retail price, the discounted price you will pay and the cost of postage clearly. I take the service we provide here (to all internet users) very seriously with it getting my priority at all times.

Please continue to use this thread to leave any feedback for our services, it all helps me to be able to continue with what I have been doing for longer I suppose!

Thanks to everyone who has used us past, present and future!

Many thanks

I have to say they are absolutely fantastic, Prices of the items I bought was cheapest I have found, they now what they are talking about and in general very helpful people, I highly recommend to everyone to use their service, all items are genuine Volvo so no worries on quality at all. Thank you once again!

Chrismmoore Apr 22nd, 2010 18:32

S60 2002 Front ABS Sensors

What is the cost for both front ABS Sensors

Rufe Apr 23rd, 2010 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrismmoore (Post 657256)
What is the cost for both front ABS Sensors

Hi Chris,

I see you found the direct link, as I have already replied earlier this morning to your enquiry sent there.

dave_s13 Apr 23rd, 2010 18:54

Simon.

Parts received with thanks today but I' a tad confused about one of them

I asked for one of these, sent a link to this pic

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/...8f6bf9b8be.jpg

I got one of these????

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/...43aa0fff5b.jpg

After a very brief look that doesn't look like it will fit my car, not 100% sure though. Is it incorrect or an updated part?

My car is a 2002 V70D5 auto.

If incorrect I will be in touch to arrange the correct pipe.

Order ref is 26158.

Thanks

TruckbusUK Apr 25th, 2010 16:02

Mats arrived and fitted ... very pleased.

Many thanks to Simon and all at FDF that offerd advice/help, excellent service and prices .... a very refreshing change.

Thanks again Robin:natur008:

Rufe Apr 26th, 2010 10:14

Hi Dave,

I have already replied first thing this morning to your email, and the correct hose will be with you tomorrow. I have explained what seems to have happened and I am very sorry about that. Please see the email I sent to you with full details.

Simon

Marcel Apr 27th, 2010 06:57

Frf motors

Frf are pleasure to deal with every time.

Marcel

central services (ipswich)
volvo radio service
188 spring road
ipswich
suffolk
ip45nr
01473 725953

Rufe Apr 27th, 2010 10:37

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: [Tuesday 27th April]

Due to a problem with an over cautious spam filter all of a sudden, all messages sent to me from around 20:00pm Sunday night until this morning have only just been found. (This applies to messages through our webform only). I had plenty to keep me going yesterday with all messages sent before this over the weekend, so only this morning I spotted this error.

This means that those messages have been received but I am now working my hardest to get back to everyone as quickly as possible. I can only apologise fully for this but assure everyone they will get a reply as soon as physically possible.

The webform is working fine now and I have no idea why our spam filter was doing this, and this is still my preferred method of contact for everyone to get prices or information from me.

Simon :thumbs_up:

jam1982 May 10th, 2010 12:44

Hi,
Just wondering if you could give me a price and avalibilty for a front lambda sensor for a 1998 v70 T5 also front headlights aswell.

Thanks

Jaymz May 10th, 2010 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jam1982 (Post 667537)
Hi,
Just wondering if you could give me a price and avalibilty for a front lambda sensor for a 1998 v70 T5 also front headlights aswell.

Thanks

You'll get a better response if you click the email link in Rufe [simons] sig and email your request

jam1982 May 10th, 2010 13:04

Thanks i will do.

stuartpratlett May 10th, 2010 13:36

Rufe/FRF

Just want to say a big thanks to Rufe and his team, excellent service, fast delivery (Ireland) and great prices. Highly recommend them to all, even though I do not live in the UK they are my first point of contact for anything 'Volvo'. Keep up the good work.

Paul240480 May 10th, 2010 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartpratlett (Post 667575)
Just want to say a big thanks to Rufe and his team, excellent service, fast delivery (Ireland) and great prices. Highly recommend them to all, even though I do not live in the UK they are my first point of contact for anything 'Volvo'. Keep up the good work.

Me too from France. I can get most items delivered for less than Mainstealers price here, even if I collect:thumbs_up:

btsam May 10th, 2010 20:12

@ simon & gang,

thanks once again, order placed, despatched and arrived super quick as usual. the roof rails now look sweet, many thanks

s