Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S40 / V40 '96-'04 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Where to buy new seatbelts? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=314018)

clarkey1984 Feb 4th, 2021 20:31

Where to buy new seatbelts?

Hi all, I have looked online but I seem to be coming up short as to where I can buy a pair of front seatbelts, the passenger side isn't too bad, and although I managed to do the lighter trick on the drivers side one last time, I have my MoT in early march and it's pretty torn up, so I'd much rather just replace the pair, and also exact some sort of repair to the trim so they don't hack the belts up in future.

Anyone know where I can get these? I guess a good pair from a scrapper is an option, but for safetys sake new ones is almost certainly the better option.

Many thanks in advance :)

Clan Feb 4th, 2021 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkey1984 (Post 2706778)
Hi all, I have looked online but I seem to be coming up short as to where I can buy a pair of front seatbelts, the passenger side isn't too bad, and although I managed to do the lighter trick on the drivers side one last time, I have my MoT in early march and it's pretty torn up, so I'd much rather just replace the pair, and also exact some sort of repair to the trim so they don't hack the belts up in future.

Anyone know where I can get these? I guess a good pair from a scrapper is an option, but for safetys sake new ones is almost certainly the better option.

Many thanks in advance :)

Err... have you tried the dealer ?

gatos Feb 5th, 2021 08:59

Best thing to do, would be to see if there are passenger side seatbelts in excellent condition at your local scrappy. You can then use the belt part only to replace it on the driver's seatbelt. The belt part is identical on both driver's and passengers front.

skippyfox Feb 5th, 2021 09:26

Have a look in the traders offers and discounts section of the forum. The Air bag team, based in Rotherham do replacement seat belts, in a choice of colours. The last time I looked they had a bit of discount for forum members.

Air Bag Team ltd. 01709 257357.

ITSv40 Feb 5th, 2021 13:38

As above, get a good passenger side from a scrappie.

Very simple to change:

Fully extend belt and clamp winding drum so that it cannot rewind.
Loosen webbing within drum and withdraw metal pin from end of webbing, remove webbing from drum.

Re-thread new webbing into drum - noting the same orientation as the original - replace metal pin in end of webbing and locate in drum. Hold webbing by hand, remove clamp from drum and carefully allow to rewind. 1hour max from start to finish.

donaldcurrie Feb 8th, 2021 13:35

seatbelts

hi Clarky,if you still need a seatbelt pm me your address and I will send you one

clarkey1984 Feb 9th, 2021 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldcurrie (Post 2708158)
hi Clarky,if you still need a seatbelt pm me your address and I will send you one

That's brilliant, I'll drop you a message now.

CharlesStevenson Feb 20th, 2021 10:35

Hi clarkey1984,

I can't help with sourcing the belts but as regards stopping them getting worn again I'd suggest using a Dremel or similar to make the curved edge of the slot where they rub much wider and smoother.

My first two X40's had this issue but my current one's ok, for now at least.

Might help.

clarkey1984 Feb 23rd, 2021 11:03

I do now have a seatbelt courtesy of donaldcurrie, thanks again for that :)