Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   1998 S70 2.5 20V SE Auto (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=76357)

jetsam Jul 14th, 2009 23:11

1998 S70 2.5 20V SE Auto

For Sale
1998 S70 2.5 20V Auto - Turqouise Blue metallic
102,000 miles with Full Service History / receipts
Petrol
MOT - January 2010, Tax - March 2010
ABS, Air Conditioining, Electric sunroof / windows / mirrors,
Winter pack - heated seats, headlamp wash/wipe
Central locking, alarm, immobiliser
5 Alloy wheels
Factory stereo/CD player
Roof bars
£1,150.00

Reason for selling: bought V70 estate T5 CD Auto

NI_Volvo_Nut Jul 15th, 2009 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsam (Post 532007)
For Sale
1998 S70 2.5 20V Auto - Turqouise Blue metallic
102,000 miles with Full Service History / receipts
Petrol
MOT - January 2010, Tax - March 2010
ABS, Air Conditioining, Electric sunroof / windows / mirrors,
Winter pack - heated seats, headlamp wash/wipe
Central locking, alarm, immobiliser
5 Alloy wheels
Factory stereo/CD player
Roof bars
£1,150.00

Reason for selling: bought V70 estate T5 CD Auto

On a S70??????

jetsam Jul 15th, 2009 10:05

Roofbars

These bars are not the running Volvo rails which would be on a V70, these are Volvo detachable cross bars. I hope this clarifies your query.

NI_Volvo_Nut Jul 15th, 2009 21:03

Ahh, sorry, with you now, would you be interested in selling them seperately?

jetsam Jul 19th, 2009 17:11

To All Volvo Forum Viewers - Feedback Please

Please could I have some feedback why I have had no enquiries, emails (private messages) on my Volvo S70 SE 2.5 Auto which is still up for sale.

As a new member I would have thought that someone in the London / Home Counties / Volvo owners / past owners / new aspiring owners would at least make an enquiry.

Is there no-one looking for a car ready for that UK holiday?

Is there any supplementary information required or am I missing something ??

torsten Jul 19th, 2009 17:43

Photos would help, it doesn't look particularly cheap for an 11 year old saloon and basically perhaps no one on here is looking for an S70. You might want to try ebay?

capt jack Jul 21st, 2009 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetsam (Post 534053)
Please could I have some feedback why I have had no enquiries, emails (private messages) on my Volvo S70 SE 2.5 Auto which is still up for sale.

As a new member I would have thought that someone in the London / Home Counties / Volvo owners / past owners / new aspiring owners would at least make an enquiry.

Is there no-one looking for a car ready for that UK holiday?

Is there any supplementary information required or am I missing something ??

Sorry that you're a bit sore at the lack of response on here. As a regular reader/poster over several years now I've seen any number of new members pop up with a car to sell, assuming that because it's the VOC forum there's a queue of well-heeled Volvophiles just waiting to buy up any and every half-decent old Volvo that's flagged up for sale.

You must remember that this is the forum of the Volvo OWNERS Club - the clue is in the title. The regulars on here largely already own really nice Volvos, so to be honest you shouldn't hold out too much hope of selling via these pages. In life you get very little for free. The reason that there's no charge for placing an ad on here is that it probably won't work! If you want to sell a car, unless it's something really really special, you need to go down the paid-for ads route

It's certainly worth keeping your details up to date here, and if you need any opinions on the value of your car it's worth asking here.

Unfortunately the market says that your car isn't the most desirable available - if you have a look at Autotrader of E-bay you'll find any number of 100k+ S70s up for sale at between £500 and £1000. If it was a T5, or an estate you might get a bit more interest on here.

As the previous poster said, get some pics up on here won't hurt, but realistically, you need to be on Autotrader, Pistonheads or E-bay - a much wider audience of people who are actually in the market for another car.

For what it's worth I reckon that your price tag's a bit ambitious and that south of £1000 might be a bit more realistic.

Good luck with the sale

Cheers

Jack

jetsam Aug 12th, 2009 23:25

Thank you Jack for your very helpful and constructive feedback. I have now sold the S70 to an Australian looking for a reliable, comfortable car to tour the UK for 6 months before returning home.

IanGEC Aug 13th, 2009 00:02

Well done :thumbs_up: