Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   C70 SRS Urgent airbag any one in edinburgh (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297727)

edinburger Aug 18th, 2019 12:39

C70 SRS Urgent airbag any one in edinburgh

Hi all

I have 2006 C70 T5 and SRS urgent airbag light is on.

I have 2 questions.

any one in edinburgh nearby area who has right scanner and can reset for me. happy to pay beer money :)

and

which scanner would you recommend if i wish to buy one . I heard iCarsoft i906 is good ? any others ? I dont want to spend more than £100 for scanner.

Thanks

S402002 Aug 18th, 2019 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 2545840)
Hi all

I have 2006 C70 T5 and SRS urgent airbag light is on.

I have 2 questions.

any one in edinburgh nearby area who has right scanner and can reset for me. happy to pay beer money :)

and

which scanner would you recommend if i wish to buy one . I heard iCarsoft i906 is good ? any others ? I dont want to spend more than £100 for scanner.

Thanks

same happened to me just had loosened connector under the seat. check that one and go to any garage suppose to be 10£ job. simply erase error. i heard clone of delphi is quite good never used as i have volvo vida. that one is the best for volvos. it cost me like 55£ from chinese friends.

cheshired5 Aug 18th, 2019 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 2545840)
Hwhich scanner would you recommend.....I dont want to spend more than £100 for scanner.

The ultimate code reading and diagnostic system is Dice and Vida.

I sell Dice for £100 delivered.
Similar to the cheaper ones on eBay with the important distinction that mine are all thoroughly tested on a Volvo and are guaranteed to work.

To run the included Vida software, you will need to already have a decent spec laptop running Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

edinburger Aug 19th, 2019 10:20

is iCarsoft any good ? this way i dont have to carry laptop.

cheshired5 Aug 19th, 2019 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 2546078)
is iCarsoft any good ?

Some are pleased with theirs but ultimately, it depends what you're wanting to do.
If portability is more important to you than what it can actually do, I can't really get my head around that, sorry.

An iCarsoft would be a waste of time and money for me and many others as the lack of technical data, parts catalogue and workshop manual mean its like trying to work with one arm tied behind your back.

edinburger Aug 19th, 2019 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2546107)
Some are pleased with theirs but ultimately, it depends what you're wanting to do.
If portability is more important to you than what it can actually do, I can't really get my head around that, sorry.

An iCarsoft would be a waste of time and money for me and many others as the lack of technical data, parts catalogue and workshop manual mean its like trying to work with one arm tied behind your back.

all i want to do is reset SRS Urgent airbag light, and thats it :)

I am not very tech savy so other techy bit prob no good to me any way, if you catch my drift.

cheshired5 Aug 19th, 2019 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by edinburger (Post 2546110)
all i want to do is reset SRS Urgent airbag light

I'd just get a local member to reset it then. Cheaper than £100.