Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Breaking 2002 S40 T4 Sport Lux (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=192167)

fat tony Nov 6th, 2013 14:19

Breaking 2002 S40 T4 Sport Lux

Due to a surprise financial situation and the fact that i suspect that the headgasket may be about buggered, i've decided to break the T4:(

Good bits as follows:

OEM Xenon headlights
Black bezel indicators
Egg crate grill (has been repaired in the past)
Clear side markers
Rear booster seats with headrests
Black leather heated, electric front seats
Piano black trim
Sport Lux splitter
17" Arcadias
Dash mounted cupholder
Chrome handles, boot lock and boot trim
Centre console cupholders
Nivomat suspension
Chrome ringed dials

Not an easy decision to make, but left with no alternative really, got my eye on a panama yellow 1.8 s40 though so should be staying with the Volvo's

Also got a few other bits available:

Black leather V40 seats
Chrome rings for dials
Braided brake hoses

Let me know what you're interested in and i'll give you a price
All items over Royal Mail small parcel sixes will be sent with myhermes, postage will be charged at cost, collection welcome if you're local

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps3ac43f0a.jpg

gazO2V40T4 Nov 6th, 2013 14:35

How much for the Arcadia's and what are the tyres like

gazO2V40T4 Nov 6th, 2013 14:36

And the clear side markers

fat tony Nov 6th, 2013 14:41

Tyres are all good, Michelin Primacy HP, all with about 5mm of tread, one has a knick out of the rim protection piece but still ok, looking for about £250 for them,

Sidemarkers, 2 have dodgy clips but i bonded them in with no issues, all with bright orange LED bulbs, £25 including postage

Antz Nov 6th, 2013 14:52

Sorry to hear you are breaking the car Tony. It looked a good clean car when we met that day outside your work.

These T4's are quickly declining in numbers. Every week there are more posts on here of them being broken for spares. Another one bites the dust :( and a nice one that that but needs must sometimes.

Good luck with the Panama yellow one if you get it but Im sure some of your nice extras would suit that just fine

Alex121 Nov 6th, 2013 14:55

How much for the chrome handles?

Sorry you're letting it go. Is this the second engine that's head gasket has gone?! you've not had it in that long have you?

mitchyboy01 Nov 6th, 2013 15:00

What a shame. This car looks fantastic! Have you not considered putting the bits on your new car or will you buy one with all the spec already?

fat tony Nov 6th, 2013 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antz (Post 1513895)
Sorry to hear you are breaking the car Tony. It looked a good clean car when we met that day outside your work.

These T4's are quickly declining in numbers. Every week there are more posts on here of them being broken for spares. Another one bites the dust :( and a nice one that that but needs must sometimes.

Good luck with the Panama yellow one if you get it but Im sure some of your nice extras would suit that just fine

It's breaking my heart to do it, but needs must. Decent bits will always come up for another one if i get it. Also considering keeping the main basis of the car and building it back up over time, just need to sell the stuff off it to help me out short term:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex121 (Post 1513897)
How much for the chrome handles?

Sorry you're letting it go. Is this the second engine that's head gasket has gone?! you've not had it in that long have you?

Cambelt on the last engine, with my luck, if i fell into a barrel full of tits, i'd come out sucking my thumb!

PM inbound about the handles

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 (Post 1513900)
What a shame. This car looks fantastic! Have you not considered putting the bits on your new car or will you buy one with all the spec already?

It does look nice when it's polished, love the colour, best colour out there in my opinion. I'll just buy whatever spec i can get, then get it how i want it lol

caiw123 Nov 6th, 2013 16:42

Hi Tony. Price for the brake hoses?
Cheers
Dave

fat tony Nov 6th, 2013 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by caiw123 (Post 1513940)
Hi Tony. Price for the brake hoses?
Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

£20 including postage