Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts for Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253190)

IainG Aug 27th, 2016 13:11

Hi Nial
Quote:

It looks like I can't even reply to you on DM until I have 30 posts!
Any use ?
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ht=post+bumped

Iain

cheshired5 Aug 27th, 2016 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NialStewart (Post 2159739)
Simon, money just sent.

It looks like I can't even reply to you on DM until I have 30 posts!

Thanks,
Nial.

Received with thanks.:thumbs_up:

When you download virtualbox, make sure you also download the USB extension pack from this site too to your main host machine NOT the virtual machine https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads then when you go into virtualbox, go into settings and install the extension pack in the virtual machine.
Remember to set up the virtual machine to match the Vida REQUIREMENTS as explained in the video you've seen.
That's my video too btw.

R1CKSO Sep 8th, 2016 21:43

Hello mate,
Do you still have VIDA units for sale? I need one.

Cheers,
Ricardo.

cheshired5 Sep 8th, 2016 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1CKSO (Post 2164875)
Hello mate,
Do you still have VIDA units for sale? I need one.

Cheers,
Ricardo.

I do. Where are you?
Your location is a bit vague.

R1CKSO Sep 8th, 2016 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2164910)
I do. Where are you?
Your location is a bit vague.

Hello again,
I live in Mexico but when I registered my country was not an option, so only "not in UK" was available lol, my postal code is 52780.
I have a few questions before we proceed, I have just one lap top at the moment which runs on Windows 8, I watched one of your tutorials on how to install a virtual machine along to where to buy a Windows 7 professional license, so according to it, I'm going to be good regarding software requirements, I do know that VIDA/DICE requires at least 3 GB for RAM memory, do I need to upgrade my pc first? Or can I get away with 2GB?

Thank you very much,
Ricardo.

cheshired5 Sep 8th, 2016 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1CKSO (Post 2164917)
Hello again,
I live in Mexico but when I registered my country was not an option, so only "not in UK" was available lol, my postal code is 52780.
I have a few questions before we proceed, I have just one lap top at the moment which runs on Windows 8, I watched one of your tutorials on how to install a virtual machine along to where to buy a Windows 7 professional license, so according to it, I'm going to be good regarding software requirements, I do know that VIDA/DICE requires at least 3 GB for RAM memory, do I need to upgrade my pc first? Or can I get away with 2GB?

Thank you very much,
Ricardo.

The Vida version I sell requires 3gb ram and I sell it on the assumption that the buyer has a laptop with all the minimum requirements.
Trying to install it with less ram is up to you by I wouldn't recommend it.

Postage is also expensive as I would only use a tracked service.
£130 GBP total delivered price for the Dice.

R1CKSO Sep 9th, 2016 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2164943)
The Vida version I sell requires 3gb ram and I sell it on the assumption that the buyer has a laptop with all the minimum requirements.
Trying to install it with less ram is up to you by I wouldn't recommend it.

Postage is also expensive as I would only use a tracked service.
£130 GBP total delivered price for the Dice.

Ok sounds good, I'll have someone expand the RAM to 3gb then, please allow me until this is done and I will contact you.

Cheers,
Ricardo.

Jay850t5 Sep 12th, 2016 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2155107)
No I don't sorry.
To be honest, there's no point in paying extra for a pre installed laptop because installing Vida yourself is so simple.

LOL, if only. Im at i.t engineer myself and my mate is a technician and we had some right hassle getting vida installed and working. Its not for people who cant format windows and fix more intermediate computer faults imo.

We also tried 4 different laptops and it would only install and work correctly on one out of the 4. :-/

red baron Sep 12th, 2016 11:18

Bit of a review,

Great service from Cheshired5, good communication etc.

My brother is a computer whizzkid and spent a few hours fiddling to get vida & dice installed (included get a pizza and beers). Had to google a username and password but works 100% now. it's great fiddling through all the relays etc, finally found out why my alarm is randomly triggering.

Anyway, it's worth the money

cheshired5 Sep 12th, 2016 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay850t5 (Post 2166198)
LOL, if only. Im at i.t engineer myself and my mate is a technician and we had some right hassle getting vida installed and working. Its not for people who cant format windows and fix more intermediate computer faults imo.

We also tried 4 different laptops and it would only install and work correctly on one out of the 4. :-/

It's obviously in your interest to make out Vida is difficult to install because you're selling a laptop on here for over £300 which is quite frankly a rip off.
Your advert also contains some blatant misinformation.

Vida 2014d is not difficult to install.
You don't need to format Windows
You can have a fully Windows updated laptop including dot net Framework updates.
I install Vida 2014d at least once a week as I do random checks on the DVDs I include with Dice and it's the same easy install result every time.