Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts for Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253190)

cheshired5 Jul 14th, 2016 19:40

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Every unit I sell is tested and known working and I have sold many of these through here and my YouTube subscribers and there have been no complaints.

If anyone who has bought from me reads this, please feel free to post up how things worked out for you.

Vida 2014d works on Windows 7 Professional but there are other ways of having Vida for free.

There are 3 buying options.....

Option 1
£85 cash on collection from Crewe in Cheshire or from the 3 x Cheshire M6 service areas (Keele, Sandbach and Knutsford) north or southbound.

Option 2
£95 delivered to mainland UK (Inc. Northern Ireland)
Paid via PayPal friends and family only.

Option 3
Highlands, Islands, Republic of Ireland, Europe and everywhere else is £85 for the Dice/Vida plus you pay the cost of whichever delivery service you choose.
Total paid via PayPal friends and family only.

mald5 Aug 16th, 2016 11:30

vida/dice

hi
do you any laptops for sale with vida/dice
thanks

cheshired5 Aug 16th, 2016 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mald5 (Post 2155105)
hi
do you any laptops for sale with vida/dice
thanks

No I don't sorry.
To be honest, there's no point in paying extra for a pre installed laptop because installing Vida yourself is so simple.

Alex C Aug 17th, 2016 15:28

Hi

I wondered if I could take you up on the offer from Knutsford services?

I work in Lymm so can meet you at a time mutually convenient, no particular rush I don't get my next D5 for a week or so!

Sorry couldn't pm as I've only made a few posts so far, you can email me a phone number on alexcuthell@gmail.com if that's OK?

Cheers
Alex

draven666 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:18

does it come with obd lead?

cheshired5 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by draven666 (Post 2158059)
does it come with obd lead?

Yes.:thumbs_up:

draven666 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:28

forgive me for sounding stupid, but this will do dealer level diagnostics? kinda like vagcom for vw?

cheshired5 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by draven666 (Post 2158062)
forgive me for sounding stupid, but this will do dealer level diagnostics? kinda like vagcom for vw?

Yes.
Dice is the communication interface that plugs into the vehicle and Vida is the software that interprets the data.
You receive both.

Vida is also a detailed workshop manual and parts resource for around 16 years worth of Volvo models across the range.

draven666 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:36

sounds good ill have one. just gotta put so cash in paypal, ill get back to you at some point tomorrow?

cheshired5 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by draven666 (Post 2158065)
sounds good ill have one. just gotta put so cash in paypal, ill get back to you at some point tomorrow?

There's no rush as my new stock hasn't arrived yet.
Apparently due this week so I'll add you to the list and contact everyone once they're tested.
I take no money until yours is ready to send.

Do you have a laptop running Windows 7 Professional?

draven666 Aug 23rd, 2016 01:45

yeah, its on 7 think its ultimate.

cheshired5 Aug 23rd, 2016 09:11

I sell on the basis that Vida 2014D will definitely work on Windows 7 Professional but there are several examples of people running versions of Vida on 7 Ultimate so it's up to you.

chadders1033 Aug 23rd, 2016 14:58

Hi I'm interested in this don't suppose it works with MAC? if not what spec laptop would be needed apart from running win7 prof
Cheers

red baron Aug 23rd, 2016 15:44

Would your setup work with windows 10?

cheshired5 Aug 23rd, 2016 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadders1033 (Post 2158232)
Hi I'm interested in this don't suppose it works with MAC? if not what spec laptop would be needed apart from running win7 prof
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by red baron (Post 2158245)
Would your setup work with windows 10?

The Vida version I supply must have Windows 7 Professional but if you don't want to buy a separate laptop, you can install a virtual machine (VM) on your current pc/mac and load Windows 7 Professional onto the VM then Vida.
When you need Vida, you open the VM and Vida then when you're done, close the VM.

draven666 Aug 23rd, 2016 20:08

stick me down for one im sure i have a laptop somewhere running professional

NialStewart Aug 26th, 2016 13:13

I might be really interested in one of these ASAP.

You say it definitely works with Win7 Pro, do you know of anyone using it under XP/ Win10?

Thanks,

Nial.

cheshired5 Aug 26th, 2016 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by NialStewart (Post 2159456)
You say it definitely works with Win7 Pro, do you know of anyone using it under XP/ Win10?

Not on 10 with any Vida version no but some older versions of Vida run fine on XP Pro but I don't know when the crossover happened.
You'll have to source that separately yourself though.
I don't delve into the many variables and just sell what's in this thread.

NialStewart Aug 27th, 2016 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2159478)
Not on 10 with any Vida version no but some older versions of Vida run fine on XP Pro but I don't know when the crossover happened.
You'll have to source that separately yourself though.
I don't delve into the many variables and just sell what's in this thread.

OK, having seen this (how to indtall it on Win10 in a virtual box) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAd...va09m&index=13

I'd like to buy one please.

Can you message me payment details? I don't have 30 posts so can't DM you yet.

Thanks,

Nial.

NialStewart Aug 27th, 2016 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by NialStewart (Post 2159715)
OK, having seen this (how to indtall it on Win10 in a virtual box) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNAd...va09m&index=13
I'd like to buy one please.
Can you message me payment details? I don't have 30 posts so can't DM you yet.
Thanks,
Nial.

Simon, money just sent.

It looks like I can't even reply to you on DM until I have 30 posts!

Thanks,
Nial.

IainG Aug 27th, 2016 12:11

Hi Nial
Quote:

Any use ?
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ht=post+bumped

Iain

cheshired5 Aug 27th, 2016 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NialStewart (Post 2159739)
Simon, money just sent.

Thanks,
Nial.

Received with thanks.:thumbs_up:

When you download virtualbox, make sure you also download the USB extension pack from this site too to your main host machine NOT the virtual machine https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads then when you go into virtualbox, go into settings and install the extension pack in the virtual machine.
Remember to set up the virtual machine to match the Vida REQUIREMENTS as explained in the video you've seen.
That's my video too btw.

R1CKSO Sep 8th, 2016 20:43

Hello mate,
Do you still have VIDA units for sale? I need one.

Cheers,
Ricardo.

cheshired5 Sep 8th, 2016 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1CKSO (Post 2164875)
Hello mate,
Do you still have VIDA units for sale? I need one.

Cheers,
Ricardo.

I do. Where are you?
Your location is a bit vague.

R1CKSO Sep 8th, 2016 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2164910)
I do. Where are you?
Your location is a bit vague.

Hello again,
I live in Mexico but when I registered my country was not an option, so only "not in UK" was available lol, my postal code is 52780.
I have a few questions before we proceed, I have just one lap top at the moment which runs on Windows 8, I watched one of your tutorials on how to install a virtual machine along to where to buy a Windows 7 professional license, so according to it, I'm going to be good regarding software requirements, I do know that VIDA/DICE requires at least 3 GB for RAM memory, do I need to upgrade my pc first? Or can I get away with 2GB?

Thank you very much,
Ricardo.

cheshired5 Sep 8th, 2016 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1CKSO (Post 2164917)
Hello again,
I live in Mexico but when I registered my country was not an option, so only "not in UK" was available lol, my postal code is 52780.
I have a few questions before we proceed, I have just one lap top at the moment which runs on Windows 8, I watched one of your tutorials on how to install a virtual machine along to where to buy a Windows 7 professional license, so according to it, I'm going to be good regarding software requirements, I do know that VIDA/DICE requires at least 3 GB for RAM memory, do I need to upgrade my pc first? Or can I get away with 2GB?

Thank you very much,
Ricardo.

The Vida version I sell requires 3gb ram and I sell it on the assumption that the buyer has a laptop with all the minimum requirements.
Trying to install it with less ram is up to you by I wouldn't recommend it.

Postage is also expensive as I would only use a tracked service.
£130 GBP total delivered price for the Dice.

R1CKSO Sep 8th, 2016 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2164943)
The Vida version I sell requires 3gb ram and I sell it on the assumption that the buyer has a laptop with all the minimum requirements.
Trying to install it with less ram is up to you by I wouldn't recommend it.

Postage is also expensive as I would only use a tracked service.
£130 GBP total delivered price for the Dice.

Ok sounds good, I'll have someone expand the RAM to 3gb then, please allow me until this is done and I will contact you.

Cheers,
Ricardo.

Jay850t5 Sep 12th, 2016 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2155107)
No I don't sorry.
To be honest, there's no point in paying extra for a pre installed laptop because installing Vida yourself is so simple.

LOL, if only. Im at i.t engineer myself and my mate is a technician and we had some right hassle getting vida installed and working. Its not for people who cant format windows and fix more intermediate computer faults imo.

We also tried 4 different laptops and it would only install and work correctly on one out of the 4. :-/

red baron Sep 12th, 2016 10:18

Bit of a review,

Great service from Cheshired5, good communication etc.

My brother is a computer whizzkid and spent a few hours fiddling to get vida & dice installed (included get a pizza and beers). Had to google a username and password but works 100% now. it's great fiddling through all the relays etc, finally found out why my alarm is randomly triggering.

Anyway, it's worth the money

cheshired5 Sep 12th, 2016 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay850t5 (Post 2166198)
LOL, if only. Im at i.t engineer myself and my mate is a technician and we had some right hassle getting vida installed and working. Its not for people who cant format windows and fix more intermediate computer faults imo.

We also tried 4 different laptops and it would only install and work correctly on one out of the 4. :-/

It's obviously in your interest to make out Vida is difficult to install because you're selling a laptop on here for over £300 which is quite frankly a rip off.
Your advert also contains some blatant misinformation.

Vida 2014d is not difficult to install.
You don't need to format Windows
You can have a fully Windows updated laptop including dot net Framework updates.
I install Vida 2014d at least once a week as I do random checks on the DVDs I include with Dice and it's the same easy install result every time.

Jay850t5 Sep 12th, 2016 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2166243)
It's obviously in your interest to make out Vida is difficult to install because you're selling a laptop on here for over £300 which is quite frankly a rip off.
Your advert also contains some blatant misinformation.

Vida 2014d is not difficult to install.
You don't need to format Windows
You can have a fully Windows updated laptop including dot net Framework updates.
I install Vida 2014d at least once a week as I do random checks on the DVDs I include with Dice and it's the same easy install result every time.

I'm going with my own experience. Certain laptops we tried were too new (hardware was too new), one had XP on it but had major issues with the .net framework and browser. Vida reported everytime that there was an issue on installation and would then hang and not install.

Another laptop had Windows 7 home edition. I couldnt even start the Vida installation on this. Tried installing a Virtual Box and XP mode but then for whatever reason installing XP mode corrupted the soundcard. I'm not making this up. It had been the bane of my life for the last week. I was merely replying to your comment saying its very simple which IMO it really isnt.

Thanks.

cheshired5 Sep 12th, 2016 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay850t5 (Post 2166278)
I'm going with my own experience. Certain laptops we tried were too new (hardware was too new), one had XP on it but had major issues with the .net framework and browser. Vida reported everytime that there was an issue on installation and would then hang and not install.

Another laptop had Windows 7 home edition. I couldnt even start the Vida installation on this. Tried installing a Virtual Box and XP mode but then for whatever reason installing XP mode corrupted the soundcard. I'm not making this up. It had been the bane of my life for the last week. I was merely replying to your comment saying its very simple which IMO it really isnt.

Thanks.

Like any program, Vida has specific system requirements.
The laptop you're selling has Vida 2014d.

Vida 2014d Requires Windows 7 Professional
3gb Ram
30gb free HDD
IE9

If you try to make it work on anything other than this, it won't work.
Load it on a brand new laptop with Windows 10? Won't work.
Load it on XP? Won't work.

Vida not working when you try to load it either on incompatible hardware or correct hardware running incompatible software is not the fault of Vida.

I'm a lorry driver so I'm surprised I'm having to say this to an IT engineer. :)

Jay850t5 Sep 12th, 2016 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheshired5 (Post 2166286)
Like any program, Vida has specific system requirements.
The laptop you're selling has Vida 2014d.

Vida 2014d Requires Windows 7 Professional
3gb Ram
30gb free HDD
IE9

If you try to make it work on anything other than this, it won't work.
Load it on a brand new laptop with Windows 10? Won't work.
Load it on XP? Won't work.

Vida not working when you try to load it either on incompatible hardware or correct hardware running incompatible software is not the fault of Vida.

I'm a lorry driver so I'm surprised I'm having to say this to an IT engineer. :)

lol. yes, if you have the perfect spec laptop and vida likes it, you're onto a winner. That 30gb hard drive thing too... my laptop had a 120gb hard drive and refused to install as it said it needed 120gb spare to install. We dropped a spare 160gb drive it then with about 128gb usable after windows 7 install and the partition and she installed. Glitchy. Its a great product when it works though.

Regards.

Brendan W Sep 12th, 2016 20:33

Put me down for one as well, stock permitting.
Sending PM with details.

cheshired5 Sep 12th, 2016 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan W (Post 2166532)
Put me down for one as well, stock permitting.
Sending PM with details.

Replied.:thumbs_up:

Brendan W Sep 20th, 2016 12:43

Bits all arrived and all working fine.
Using a PC temporarily until a I find a laptop.
Esprimo P400, i3 x 4, 2.9 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, Win 7 Pro full updates including .NET.

IE9. The machine had updated to IE11 and any attempt to install IE9 lead to an already installed message. The solution is to roll back the Windows update. This machine went back to IE8 and then allowed the installation of IE9. The download came not from Microsoft but some geeks site. MS saw the machine and said IE9 was unsuitable.

Tskill.exe. You may see some error message on a DOS screen briefly or a VIDA\patch\filldb.cmp error. Type regedit in the search box and copy Tskill.exe from Windows\System32 to Windows\SystemWOW64

For patch extraction I found a light and genuinely free programme called frog something or other. There are quite a number of 'free' unzippers that invite a basic install and clicking advanced you find the basic install changes your homepage and search engine.

bluw28 Oct 20th, 2016 21:42

Hi, assuming you still have one of these then please PM with your details and I'll sort the necessary payment. I don't have sufficient posts to PM you directly. Thanks.

bluw28 Oct 20th, 2016 21:59

Payment sent, thanks in advance.

cookci Oct 21st, 2016 10:51

can I reprogram the headlights to not switch on automatically with one of these?

cheshired5 Oct 21st, 2016 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookci (Post 2184056)
can I reprogram the headlights to not switch on automatically with one of these?

That depends on your car and model year.
Some can be programmed by Dice, some require a dealer only software download so what are your vehicle details?