Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Engine Oil Level Poll (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=100531)

r-designbob Sep 20th, 2010 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransman (Post 744482)
I am grinning every time I drive it - and I do like showing people the powered tailgate :-)

Yes That's my party piece too.:D It amazes everyone I show lol.

r-designbob Sep 21st, 2010 00:01

An after thought:lightbulb:.........not sure if anyone has noticed, but to me it looks as though the power gate is operated by one strut only, left hand side on mine. I wonder how long it'll last?
I havent actually tried to weigh it, so I'm hoping it's made of the same material as the bonnet which is very lightweight.

dodgyblue Sep 21st, 2010 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by r-designbob (Post 744551)
An after thought:lightbulb:.........not sure if anyone has noticed, but to me it looks as though the power gate is operated by one strut only, left hand side on mine. I wonder how long it'll last?
I havent actually tried to weigh it, so I'm hoping it's made of the same material as the bonnet which is very lightweight.

I like the power tailgate of the Audi Q7.. Its soo much quieter.

wimorrison Sep 21st, 2010 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by r-designbob (Post 744551)

My power tailgate uses the left and right - I swap the arms that I use to open and close it periodically :)

r-designbob Sep 21st, 2010 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimorrison (Post 744617)
My power tailgate uses the left and right - I swap the arms that I use to open and close it periodically :)

How does that help to make it last?

Do you know if the tailgate is of a lightweight material like the bonnet?

Teejay1 Sep 21st, 2010 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by r-designbob (Post 744700)
How does that help to make it last?

Do you know if the tailgate is of a lightweight material like the bonnet?

Not sure he has the auto-tailgate I think Wmorrison might have the manual style?

Ransman Sep 21st, 2010 16:23

I got the "soot" message today - after 430 miles from new on a run over to the Wye Valley. I didn't notice any difference in power whilst it was regenerating but there was a bit of a smell when we came to a stop at the Severn Bridge toll. The consumption did take a hit as I had only just zero'd it following a fill up but still finished the 100 mile trip showing 42.7 mpg at an average speed of 31mph.

On the Zafira, by comparing mpg and miles travelled before and after a regeneration, I calculated it used typically 0.8 litre every time. The XC60 regeneration is a bit of a non-event compared to the Zafira's - you certainly knew it was happening on that car.

Oh, and the powered tailgate for me is brilliant as I can reach the button from sat in the wheelchair. Makes things an awful lot easier.

Daleman Sep 21st, 2010 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teejay1 (Post 744707)
Not sure he has the auto-tailgate I think Wmorrison might have the manual style?

no he mentioned his was auto i think

Daleman Sep 21st, 2010 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ransman (Post 744784)
I got the "soot" message today - after 430 miles from new on a run over to the Wye Valley. I didn't notice any difference in power whilst it was regenerating but there was a bit of a smell when we came to a stop at the Severn Bridge toll. The consumption did take a hit as I had only just zero'd it following a fill up but still finished the 100 mile trip showing 42.7 mpg at an average speed of 31mph.

On the Zafira, by comparing mpg and miles travelled before and after a regeneration, I calculated it used typically 0.8 litre every time. The XC60 regeneration is a bit of a non-event compared to the Zafira's - you certainly knew it was happening on that car.

Oh, and the powered tailgate for me is brilliant as I can reach the button from sat in the wheelchair. Makes things an awful lot easier.

That`s good fuel consumption for an Auto your doing well.

r-designbob Sep 21st, 2010 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daleman (Post 744790)
no he mentioned his was auto i think

Yeah he did
Quote: "My power tailgate uses the left and right"