Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   V50 2.0D running issue (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=306255)

Baker3570 May 23rd, 2020 07:11

V50 2.0D running issue

Hi I'm hoping someone could help or point me in the right direction.

I've been out in the car yesterday and around 2k rpm and up to 3k rpm the car feels like it has a slight missfire (hard to explain) it feels its struggling but not too much that it will cut out or loses power mainly noticed it in 3rd up to 5th gear if this helps and also after driving I stopped with it running and I'd say after 10 seconds the tick over it feels like the above? Like lumpy... Does this sound like something serious... Other than this it drives fine sets off fine and if you keep your foot down abit changing gears the issue doesn't happen only when driving at them revs really hard to explain so sorry if this is confusing haha

Baker3570 May 31st, 2020 17:24

So and update to the above issue today I was driving and came to a junction set off and give it a little bit 2nd to 3rd then all of a sudden it juddered badly then lost all power and this light came on.. Switched it off and scanned it with a handheld scanner and nothing came up started up and light still showing drove for half a mile all went off and boost / power came back. Also I csn hear like a whistle type of sound when turbo kicks in then it goes.... Anyone have an idea what this could be

rowdy May 31st, 2020 18:43

When was the fuel filter last replaced?
Had an issue with mine once where flooring it in 2nd/3rd gear put it in limp mode with loss of power and engine system service warning message on dash.
Changed the fuel filter and all was fine again, but system needs bleeding when changing fuel filter or it won't run at all.

ukojesita May 31st, 2020 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baker3570 (Post 2634097)
So and update to the above issue today I was driving and came to a junction set off and give it a little bit 2nd to 3rd then all of a sudden it juddered badly then lost all power and this light came on.. Switched it off and scanned it with a handheld scanner and nothing came up started up and light still showing drove for half a mile all went off and boost / power came back. Also I csn hear like a whistle type of sound when turbo kicks in then it goes.... Anyone have an idea what this could be

Whistling sound could be a split hose between the turbo and the intercooler or/and the intercooler and the throttle body.

Baker3570 May 31st, 2020 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowdy (Post 2634132)
When was the fuel filter last replaced?
Had an issue with mine once where flooring it in 2nd/3rd gear put it in limp mode with loss of power and engine system service warning message on dash.
Changed the fuel filter and all was fine again, but system needs bleeding when changing fuel filter or it won't run at all.

I'll double check the service history as only got it in March I've covered 300niles in it meant to have full service history too I might book it in and have this done

Baker3570 May 31st, 2020 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukojesita (Post 2634183)
Whistling sound could be a split hose between the turbo and the intercooler or/and the intercooler and the throttle body.

I was going to look at these but engine was too hot from our journey... Where do these pipes run so I know what I'm looking for

Thanks

ukojesita Jun 1st, 2020 23:35

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baker3570 (Post 2634203)
I was going to look at these but engine was too hot from our journey... Where do these pipes run so I know what I'm looking for

Thanks

The largest diameter thick-walled rubber hoses at the bottom of the picture (the intercooler is at the front of the vehicle, below the radiator).

Baker3570 Jun 2nd, 2020 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukojesita (Post 2634601)
The largest diameter thick-walled rubber hoses at the bottom of the picture (the intercooler is at the front of the vehicle, below the radiator).

Spot on thank you

KevMan2015 Jun 4th, 2020 08:50

Hi baker3570, I too have this ‘misfire at that rev range, I don’t have whistle noise from turbo though, please post back if you manage to fix. Thanks.

Baker3570 Jun 5th, 2020 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevMan2015 (Post 2635375)
Hi baker3570, I too have this ‘misfire at that rev range, I don’t have whistle noise from turbo though, please post back if you manage to fix. Thanks.

I've got it booked in the garage Monday so if they find anything I will post on here mate