Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Favourite Feature & Worst Feature of Your SPA Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=293019)

DangerMUK Mar 19th, 2019 15:30

Favourite Feature & Worst Feature of Your SPA Volvo

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd start a fun thread, basically just your favourite thing and your most annoying thing about your car, one of each :-)

I'll go first;

- Favourite thing is the build quality of the car, coming from Land Rover vehicles I'm amazed how something that is significantly cheaper seems to be much better put together! Both the XC60 I had and this XC90 now are really built well and feel solid which is reassuring.

- My biggest pet peeve is that both the T8 XC cars I've had so far do not show engine temperature at all, anywhere. So I have no idea when I can start being more spirited with the engine so I just wait about 15mins and go from there which is annoying, such a basic feature, not sure why they missed it off at all. I was in an XC60 D5 and couldn't see it either so can't just be a T8 thing!

Those are my two :-)

Thanks!

techwatcher Mar 19th, 2019 15:42

Favourite thing - definitely, categorically the 360 degree camera. The inventor deserves several medals.

Most annoying thing - the cost of servicing the thing at Volvo main dealers! Comes with the territory I suppose.

Wizzpop Mar 19th, 2019 15:48

Irritating that there is no indication that the headlights are on when in Auto mode. Common across all Volvos now. I would like to be sure when I am driving in daylight but with heavy rain and spray.

familymangreg Mar 19th, 2019 16:38

So best is definitely the sheer space and practicality.

Most annoying I'd say is not having a button on the parking sensor display to toggle between it and 360. So imagine you pull into a space forwards, and the front parking sensors trigger and the centre display shows the parking sensor screen. Then you want to toggle 360 camera to see how you are aligned in the space or maybe what right ahead of you. So you have to press the home button, swipe and then hit the camera icon, fast enough that the front sensor doesn't beep again while you are doing this, otherwise the parking sensor display shows again and you start all over! Most annoying is it would seem such a minor software tweak to put a button on screen.

:wq

SimNugget Mar 19th, 2019 16:57

Best - sheer space and refinement inside.
Worst - rough 4 cylinder engines, oh and the exposed metalwork and cables under the seats. Looks cheap.

S

nu11eaf Mar 19th, 2019 17:01

Its quicker to slip it into reverse and back to drive than go into sensus for 360 camera.

Most annoying thing is the road noise, second most is the mid row seat belts do not retract fully and the buckle knocks against the plastic trim on C post. I have had to stop several times after dropping people off to sort out belt to stop the knocking.

scw Mar 19th, 2019 19:30

Best: heated massage seats, heated steering wheel, and pilot assist

Worst: Damned autobox is never in the right gear pulling away! Still don't have November's update in mine. The runner ups are the poorly implemented USB media player, and dirt trap on trailing edge of rear doors (an XC60 thing only I guess).

Steve

Zebra Mar 19th, 2019 20:49

Best = The 'intellisafe pro' stuff

Worst = Inability to have a drive mode permanently set

tanujdua Mar 19th, 2019 21:45

Best - quality of the interior and value for money.

Worst - CD player location on the V60 and inability to get it taken out! (Dealer said that once fitted it can't be removed!).

renesis Mar 19th, 2019 21:50

Best: sorry I’m having 2, pilot assist and 360 camera! Wouldn’t be without either of them!

Worst: transmission logic!