Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Cargo net with Family Pack? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271658)

njpollard Aug 15th, 2017 19:41

Cargo net with Family Pack?

I did a Google search for 'XC90 cargo net' as I was thinking of buying one and saw that, according to the price list, one comes as part of the family pack for MY2018 cars. However, I didn't get one and there wasn't one listed on my factory order sheet under Family Pack.

Can anyone else with the family pack confirm whether I should have the cargo net or not?

drive_a_legend Aug 15th, 2017 19:57

Believe it's included in Versatility pack... Family is integrated booster and electronic child lock.

njpollard Aug 15th, 2017 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_a_legend (Post 2308947)
Believe it's included in Versatility pack... Family is integrated booster and electronic child lock.

I don't think we have the Versatility Pack in the UK. The 'load protection net' is definitely listed as part of the Family Pack in the latest MY2018 pricelist, but I was wondering if that might have been added since I ordered mine in June.

gaby Aug 15th, 2017 21:29

Depending on what you want you will use it for, the steel barrier could be an alternative.

njpollard Aug 15th, 2017 21:52

Thanks. Just want it to stop stuff sliding around, really. I was going to buy one, but if I should have had one as part of the family pack I'll go back to the dealer.

nu11eaf Aug 15th, 2017 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by njpollard (Post 2308937)
I did a Google search for 'XC90 cargo net' as I was thinking of buying one and saw that, according to the price list, one comes as part of the family pack for MY2018 cars. However, I didn't get one and there wasn't one listed on my factory order sheet under Family Pack.

Can anyone else with the family pack confirm whether I should have the cargo net or not?

You should have one, I have a 2017 MY XC90 and it was included with family pack, these and the booster seat used to be standard with all the MK 1 XC90's, now its part of an option pack.

PS. it comes folded up in an integral zipped pouch. Have you checked in the spare wheel well incase its in there.

shortword Aug 16th, 2017 00:29

It should have been in the boot of the car. It's a small black item about 35cm long with zips on it. I actually didn't even look at it when I got it. But more recently when I was going on holiday I got it and opened it out. it is a very good system which protects a load from going from the boot into the passenger compartment. It's not a net that ties stuff down to the floor. At least I didn't look at it for that reason..

drive_a_legend Aug 16th, 2017 21:49

If it's included in a pack called Family, one assumes it is usable also when using tve car as 7seater - and loading the small boot all up. Did not look into that - is it possible?

familymangreg Aug 17th, 2017 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by drive_a_legend (Post 2309341)
If it's included in a pack called Family, one assumes it is usable also when using tve car as 7seater - and loading the small boot all up. Did not look into that - is it possible?

No, the net which is included with the family pack is a folding net which covers the vertical space between the second row of seats and the boot, much like a dog gaurd does. It is not used to hold things down on the boot floor and cannot be installed behind the third row. The net has a folding bar across the top which latches into two holes provided in the roof. There are then adjustable straps which lash it to points in the forward boot floor.

There is I think a net for holding things down on the boot floor available as an accessory.

:wq

gaby Aug 17th, 2017 11:09

1 Attachment(s)
http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-499177/2016