Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   140/164 Series Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   volvo 145 estate wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=90107)

hillbilly Mar 8th, 2010 15:04

volvo 145 estate wanted

Hi
I have just joined the volvo owners club and have been dreaming of another volvo 145 estate as I have had a few in the past.So if anyone has a 145 for sale preferably tax exempt please contact me.I am in Northumberland so a car up north would be great.

hillbilly Mar 8th, 2010 20:03

replies

\thanks to the person who pm'd me but i cannot reply until i have 20 posts which is why you havnt heard from me.
sorry
John

hillbilly Apr 6th, 2010 17:52

145 estate wanted

I am still looking for a tax exempt estate - would consider an amazon estate

hillbilly Apr 8th, 2010 20:26

volvo wanted

might consider a saloon as long as tax exempt and up north

amazondean Apr 12th, 2010 07:53

I have a 1973 145 estate for sale soon. It is may 1973 so could have been built before december which would make it tax exempt.

I have stripped the front and back suspension and replaced all the front bushes. Also the top and bottom ball joints both sides. All parts including wishbones, springs and steering rods were sand blasted, painted and wax oiled before putting back together. Not to any show standard but to a standard that should not need any work for many years.

All calipers front and back have been stripped and resealed with new pistons to the rears. New brake pipes fitted to the rear of the car. All front pipes are copper so all good.

Body is much better than average but there is some crazing to the paint in places. The interior is better than average too. I need to get it MOTed soon but at the moment i am very busy with an extension to my house. Not sure on price yet but would be looking at around £1500

Regards...Dean

hillbilly Apr 12th, 2010 08:27

volvo estate

Hi
very interested .I assume you will be m.o.t ing it before selling .If you could find out the tax exempt status and send me some photos i would appreciate it

amazondean Apr 12th, 2010 11:27

I will be MOTing it before sale but regarding the tax position, i went on a web site and typed in the details and it came up with manufacture date unknown so at the moment the car is not tax exempt so may need to go through the volvo owners club to get exact build date. I am selling it as it is, so may not be any good to you. I will let you know when i can get photos. It will be posted on here when it is ready.

Dean

hillbilly May 24th, 2010 18:51

tax exempt volvo wanted

I am still looking for a tax exempt voleo 145 estate surely some one must have one within reasonable travelling distance of northumberland.Must have enough m.o.t to drive her home.Anyone as i may have to consider alternative vehicles but dont really want to ???

amazondean May 26th, 2010 09:49

The reason you may be struggling is because i don't think there is that many that are actualy on the road and worth bothering with.
You never know, my car for sale may be tax exempt if you can be bothered to find out. Registration KAY 569L Chassis number 199112 registered may 1973

hillbilly Jun 3rd, 2010 07:29

volvo wanted

I am still looking for a 145 if anyone wants to sell me one.Surely there must be one out there???