Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Powder coated wheels (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=293863)

amazondean Apr 14th, 2019 18:50

Powder coated wheels

4 Attachment(s)
A friend has just started powder coating and is charging £110 for four wheels if anyone is interested.

He has just done two sets for me and I am very pleased with them. For the price they are spot on

This includes tyre removal, sand blasting, fettling the edges and then the process of powder coat. Tyre fitting is not included.

JOHN 850 Apr 14th, 2019 19:49

Good price and the results look good too ! Might get my V70s done once the mot n oil leaks are sorted... Is it Lincoln or Lincolnshire??

Cheers

J

amazondean Apr 14th, 2019 20:03

It is Lincoln. I think for the money it’s excellent.

Rustymusty Apr 14th, 2019 20:36

Looks like a quality job that it’s a shame that your so far away otherwise would of been getting mine done for sure typical!

Cookeh Apr 15th, 2019 09:17

And your mates company is called what and based where? Come on man, can't advertise a fellows work without saying where he is or how to contact him!

amazondean Apr 15th, 2019 10:04

I can do and say what I like, thank you very much!!

Cookeh Apr 15th, 2019 11:40

Good for you, what is the chaps company called? Mine are knackered and local companies to me want £50 per wheel so £110 is a great price.

amazondean Apr 15th, 2019 12:26

Just drop them off and I will sort it for you. Its as simple as that. As you say, £110 is a great price. That's why I wanted to share it with you.

I work in Engineering, and I am doing home orders all the time for people. Sometimes for nothing, sometimes for a few quid. That's what makes the world go round.

So if you are not comfortable paying a great price, I am happy for you to pay the top price. It's not a problem to me!

Cookeh Apr 15th, 2019 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazondean (Post 2513080)
Just drop them off and I will sort it for you. Its as simple as that. As you say, £110 is a great price. That's why I wanted to share it with you.

I work in Engineering, and I am doing home orders all the time for people. Sometimes for nothing, sometimes for a few quid. That's what makes the world go round.

So if you are not comfortable paying a great price, I am happy for you to pay the top price. It's not a problem to me!

I don't understand any of this. You say your friend is doing the work and are actively recommending him as a place to get wheels refurbed. I ask what his company is as I want to sort my rather knackered wheels out, and you left no information as to contact or logistics in your post.

From there the whole thing goes downhill. Firstly by you going on some huge defensive, and now you stating that they need to be dropped off to you - which wasn't mentioned in the first post.

Who is doing the work, and what exactly is going on? If your friend has just started powder coating (presumably as a registered business?) then why can you not share his business? Why does it have to be dropped off to you?

I'm sure there will be people out there rather uncomfortable with the idea of dropping a set of wheels off to a stranger who wont give any info on who will actually be doing the job - and that is all I am seeking to qualify. even more so when your first response to a normal and honest question is to go on a on some defensive tirade with a load of attitude.

You are right, its a fantastic price, that's why I'm still here trying to get a straight or at least understandable answer out of you about the situation. Would you kindly clarify this whole scenario, please?

amazondean Apr 15th, 2019 16:03

Mr Cockeh, I have answered your question already. You seem to have a problem with that.