Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Locking Wheel nuts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286784)

WhatNext? Sep 24th, 2018 21:54

Locking Wheel nuts

Err ... Why are they not in a box?

Or is it just me who got them in a clear plastic bag

nu11eaf Sep 24th, 2018 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloke69 (Post 2450830)
Err ... Why are they not in a box?

Or is it just me who got them in a clear plastic bag

They should be on your wheels, the normal wheel nuts are in a plastic bag. Always been in a plastic bag on all my new volvo's.

familymangreg Sep 25th, 2018 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2450832)
They should be on your wheels, the normal wheel nuts are in a plastic bag. Always been in a plastic bag on all my new volvo's.

I'm intrigued, whenever I've brought a car its come with 20 wheel nuts, 16 normal and 4 locking, all in place on the wheels. The above suggests the locking nuts are maybe an accessory, supplied in addition?

:wq

weemark Sep 25th, 2018 10:31

Suggest you make sure the locking wheel nut actually works - picked up a screw in one of my back tyres shortly after buying the car, went to get the wheel off and the locking wheel nut was knackered. So my XC90 back to the dealers on a trailer for a couple of days (the wheel needed repairing as the key kept slipping)

Lexman8 Sep 25th, 2018 10:54

It's also worth checking that the jack works. I just happened to check mine soon after picking up the car and found it was knackered. Dealer replaced it with one from a showroom car.

Whiterdesign Sep 25th, 2018 11:16

The locking wheel nuts should have been fitted by the dealer at the PDI. Then they will put the old nuts in the original plastic bag and leave them in the car

tabber Sep 25th, 2018 11:21

I went to check mine actually, as it didn't look like it had locking wheel nuts. I found the special nut in the boot, then realised all the wheel buts have chrome looking caps on them. Does anyone know how you would get the caps off? Tried to Google it and the only match I could find was for other cars, which
apparently come with a removal tool. Pretty sure I don't have one of those.

I do have a random looking black cone in a plastic bag, is that it?? If not, what does that do. Don't have a wheel brace or jack, but assume that's because there is no spare in the T8.

Lexman8 Sep 25th, 2018 11:46

There should be a removal tool in the boot. It looks like a small pair of plastic tongs about 12cm long.

tabber Sep 25th, 2018 13:00

Thanks Lexman - I am pretty sure I don't have that, I I was looking for something that looked like tongs. Will talk to the dealer.

Do you have the black cone thing? Any idea what that it?

cassell Sep 25th, 2018 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabber (Post 2450991)
Thanks Lexman - I am pretty sure I don't have that, I I was looking for something that looked like tongs. Will talk to the dealer.

Do you have the black cone thing? Any idea what that it?

It's for pouring fuel into the filler neck from a jerry can if you are unfortunate enough to run out!