Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   240 GLT for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=136943)

izit Oct 23rd, 2011 19:59

240 GLT for sale

Hi all , i is with regret that i need to sell my Metalic grey 240 GLT auto saloon. basically I got it 18mths ago and got it through the mot, requiring brakes un-seizing, a rear exhaust and a small plate on the osf door step, after that the head gasket went so I put in to have that done + a de-coke, got it back and basically it has sat in my yard ever since. I've no time to do anything with it & now the MOT is out again, It is starting to attract un wanted attention from the banger racing mob, ive been offered £400 for it but I dont want it bangered as its too good.
as for condition it is not bad at all, a couple of weekends would see it looking good. the fuel pump is a bit intermittent and the battery I fear is beyond it.the paint is good apart from the lacquer has come off the osr door top and quater panel. the inerior is ok bt now needs a good clean, I've no idea of the value but would dffo like it to go to an enthusiast, let me know what you all think and if there is interest I will try to upload some photos
Cheers
Rich

244T Oct 23rd, 2011 20:41

Thanks for offering your GLT on here

Thanks for taking the trouble to offer your GLT on here, I do hope it finds a genuine enthusiast...

I know some of the banger boys do frequent this site and often take the cars that a too rotten for anything or just going cheep

Thanks again and good luck with the sale

brodgar Oct 24th, 2011 09:44

mot??
tax??
mileage??
servicehistory???
estate/saloon??
interior?? cloth/leather???--- condition???

240GLT1989saloon Oct 24th, 2011 17:32

The first sentence says it's a saloon, the 2nd says it has no MOT, 2nd paragraph deals with condition.

Your reading must be worse than your writing.

T.

brodgar Oct 25th, 2011 01:03

here is the first part of forumrule no 1 for you, please adhere to it:

Be courteous to others.

skidje Oct 25th, 2011 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodgar (Post 1010932)
here is the first part of forumrule no 1 for you, please adhere to it:

Be courteous to others.

I think 240glt1989saloon was very polite to you. Read you questionnaire again and judge yourselves!

brodgar Oct 25th, 2011 08:08

So, where does it state either the condition of the interior?? or the material of the interior.???

or the mileage????

izit Oct 26th, 2011 10:35

Hi all and thanks for your interest, the interior is black leather and in good order apart from the usual drivers seat wear, the side bolster is split on the seam and the base has a split as well. the mileage shows 194k. There is no tax. all the panels are really good.Im in carmarthen west wales and could trailer it, say 60mile radius of here for the fuel cost if that helps.
Rich

izit Oct 26th, 2011 10:42

Sorry, I forgot, there is no history but I will chase the last owner to see if there was any, (he said there was but could not find it)

paulc Oct 26th, 2011 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodgar (Post 1010385)
mot??
tax??
mileage??
servicehistory???
estate/saloon??
interior?? cloth/leather???--- condition???

Here is the first part of forum rule No 1 for you, please adhere to it:

Be courteous to others.