Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   EU702 OBD2 fault code reader, Airbag Reset for sale £100 +PP (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=137708)

gatos Nov 2nd, 2011 14:08

EU702 OBD2 fault code reader, Airbag Reset for sale £100 +PP

As per title, I have an EU702 OBD2 fault code reader for sale.£100 +£5 recorded delivery
It works fine with the petrol models, but does not read any engine codes on my 1.9D as it is a pre 2004 model:). I am planning to get a Volvo DICE which will be able to read my Diesel S40.

I have removed the Japanese models and loaded the European ones including Volvo.

JP701, EU702, US703, FR704 are all exactly the same hardware but different software for different cars. The actual model written on my tool is JP701. (japanese cars) and I loaded the Volvo file (ask me if you need it) and some other European cars. So my scan tool is effectively an EU702 and a FR704 and of course a JP701. Didn't bother with US cars file for obvious reasons.

Files for BMW, Chrysler, Citroen, Ford, GM, Honda, Mazda,Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel (Vauxall), Peugeot, Renault, Toyota, Volvo, VW and generic EOBD codes

http://cid-12c7d40e53cb9a1d.skydrive...ublic/Maxidiag

Thanks and credit to streetmech from fordtransit.org forum for providing these files online

pphilpot Nov 2nd, 2011 16:59

That's a generous price that you're offering there Alex.

gatos Nov 2nd, 2011 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by pphilpot (Post 1016859)
That's a generous price that you're offering there Alex.

That's the price I got it for. It did the job for me resetting my SRS as well for another 5 members in this forum, so it is time for it for a new home. :)

madhatchetman Nov 3rd, 2011 07:42

Iwill take it with pleasure if it will reset the airbag service light of my 2004 s60 d5

Cliveski Nov 3rd, 2011 12:29

£105 delivered is a good deal.

Largely due to previous useful threads by Gatos I knew the Autel Maxidiag was the cheapest tool I could buy (and keep) which would clear the fault code and turn off the airbag light on my 2002 S40. Without this tool (or other more expensive ones) the only other way to get the fault cleared / light off is to go to a dealer and spend up to £80 to have it done!

The free software (which not everybody knows about) makes the tool very versatile and can be used with other models. Something for the whole family :)

gatos Nov 3rd, 2011 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatchetman (Post 1017212)
Iwill take it with pleasure if it will reset the airbag service light of my 2004 s60 d5

It does reset the airbag. That is the main reason I got it for. I have already been PMed by another member for it who wants it, so it is not available anymore I am afraid (pending payment).

Can't you find a member who lives locally to you with an EU702 or a DICE to reset it?

timmybrick Nov 3rd, 2011 17:29

payment sent :)

madhatchetman Nov 3rd, 2011 22:04

Are there different types? Looking on ebay, they range from £130 to £200+

gatos Nov 3rd, 2011 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatchetman (Post 1017783)
Are there different types? Looking on ebay, they range from £130 to £200+

No they are the same thing. You will find that the cheaper ones are shipped from China, whereas the more expensive ones are shipped from the UK. They are all made in China anyway. The gamble here is if you order from China and you are unlucky enough to pay duty. If not then they can be a good deal

Cliveski Nov 4th, 2011 12:59

It doesn't matter if the Autel Maxidiag machine is branded JP701, EU702, US703 or FR704 as you can add specific manufacturer software to suit your needs. Autel / The Retailers don't advertise this fact as they would rather you buy one of each machine!

Brand new the cheapest I could find them was via Discount Diagnostics (who are an authorised uk seller) who sell them for £149 delivered.

Because of the lack of knowledge surrounding these machines prices do vary a great deal - even discount diagnostics take advantage of this by selling them for more on eBay than they do direct.

You could literally buy a new one for £149, use it for 6 months, list it on eBay with bundled software and make money on it.