Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Worth buying a crashed 340? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=206248)

Spoonaltap May 26th, 2014 13:04

Worth buying a crashed 340?

Hey all, I've come across a 340 that's had a crash on the front left corner so the wing is mashed. I'm gonna have a look at the suspension components to see if it's straight and have another look over. I can't find a replacement wing to save myself so parts for these must be quite rare? He was only wanting a £100 for it but if I can't get a new headlight, wing and bumper plastic then not much point. Shame cos I don't want to see it go to the scrapper.

So my question is how hard are parts to come by for these cars?

360beast May 26th, 2014 13:44

Head on over to V3M or on eBay there is a guy called Tom Butterworth who starts a listing called shed full of Volvo 340/360 parts or 240 parts.

www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk

classicswede May 26th, 2014 22:12

What year is it?
Chances are I will have everything you need for it

Also what side wing?

learngolf May 28th, 2014 02:33

Front left corner question

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 1655800)
What year is it?
Chances are I will have everything you need for it

Also what side wing?

I suppose it's the front left or passenger side as stated?

Not like you to misread a post!

wrinkles May 28th, 2014 08:57

I baught a 340 from a breaker some years ago with a bashed in drivers side front corner for 300 quid it needed a bonnet wing bumper bracket and a headlight it took a week to find the parts in the right colour from other breakers and get it MOT and I kept it for 5 years with no problems and my son had it for another two. Then it failed mot on rust in the chassis so it went back to the breaker I got it from. Good little car that was. then I had a 740 estate I was hooked on Volvos.

wrinkles May 28th, 2014 08:59

And it only cost me £50in parts to do it.

TonyS9 May 28th, 2014 17:34

As long as the suspension mounting points are not crushed, the damage should be cosmetic and repairable at home. The inner wings are a bit complicated to shape, but if you are good with a hammer..

Parts are mainly 2nd hand only, but not too hard to get.

If the wheels have been hit badly the suspension gets pushed back into the car and there can be wrinkles behind the radius arm mounts. If you see those the car is scrap, otherwise anything else can be fixed 'economically'.

john.wigley Aug 30th, 2014 07:51

Are we talking phones or cars?

I may be missing something, but I cannot see any connection between this post and Volvo 340 series cars. Are you sure that you're in the right forum?

john.wigley Aug 30th, 2014 11:02

Now I'm even more confused! The post, from someone in the USA, to which I was responding seems to have vanished into the ether since I was last on-line! Now my post looks silly. Ah well, some you win ......

John.

CTCNetwork Aug 30th, 2014 11:27

Hi,

It was spam, posted by a spammer and so deleted.

Des. . . ;)