Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What did you do to your 850/X70 today??? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250373)

doingitsideways May 21st, 2016 19:14

I put some diesel in mine.

Luxobarge May 22nd, 2016 15:33

Noticed some pretty bad wear on the inside edges of the front tyres, so adjusted the tracking today - and sure enough, it had quite a bit of toe-out. Not any more!

Will get two new tyres soon......

Paul240480 May 22nd, 2016 15:43

Sold it! The phase 1 V70 auto that is........

ITSv40 May 23rd, 2016 20:14

Successfully repaired the passenger side door mirror. It would go up and down, but even though I could hear the motors whirring there was no side ways movement.

I know how temperamental removing the glass can be, so bought a secondhand one from ebay, with the intention of fitting the replacement, then cutting off the coloured back, remove the glass off of the old one and swap the cover over, ending up with one good mirror in the correct colour. The chances of picking up a sky blue mirror were pretty remote.

Original plan failed miserably, ebay mirror arrived and mirror glass not attached to the motors, chappie said full refund given and keep the mirror. So I now had a spare to play around with. Looked behind the glass and could just see one set of tabs that needed releasing - there are four on a square footprint. Anyway managed to prise the mirror glass off intact - one corner at a time - and found the little motor arms had become detached from the mirror.

Removed my original from the car and managed to prise that glass off, now I knew how to do it. Found one motor arm detached - refitted the arm - applied a little silicone lube to the tabs and gently pressed the glass onto the motor housing. Refitted to car, now working as it should. I now have a spare glass and working motor. Just need to refit the door card, but that can wait.

ITSv40 May 28th, 2016 21:38

1 Attachment(s)
Proofed the C70 roof today. I had deep cleaned the roof a few weeks ago and removed the algae and black mould spots. When it was completely dry, I noticed there was still some algae deep in the weave of the fabric, so earlier in the week cleaned again with Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and got it absolutely clean. Masked up the car today and applied Gtechniq Smart Fabric proofing. Now that has dried it is totally invisible, tomorrow, need to open the roof slightly and apply proofing with a paint brush underneath the beads where it closes down on the seals. Attachment: roof drying after applying Gtechniq.

luggsey May 28th, 2016 21:46

Did a full coolant flush using liqui moly radiator cleaner, like a bubble bath for the cooling system!
Then refilled with Volvo green.

scouskie May 29th, 2016 05:50

not today but Tuesday gone,..

washed, clayed, paint corrected, polished, waxed, polished glass, treated plastics and spruced wheels and tyres up

a lovely 7hours with a couple 15m breaks and burnt arms/kneck

Thursday gone, replaced aftermarket amp as it died :broken_heart:

scouskie May 29th, 2016 07:49

2 Attachment(s)
Some Pictures of my beading as of 6am today

hedgesi May 29th, 2016 19:03

Replaced the damaged wood trim on the centre console with eBay purchase.

ITSv40 May 29th, 2016 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by scouskie (Post 2117101)
Some Pictures of my beading as of 6am today

Looks impressive:thumbs_up: