Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Brookhouse (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296355)

tdz840 Jul 6th, 2019 13:05

Brookhouse

1. Anyone experiencing issues buying stuff via the Brookhouse website. Tried phone (two different mobiles), PC (both home and work) and PayPal. All the same issues, can’t get to the final payment page. I’ve registered different accounts with different passwords and emails but the same issue each time. I’ve mailed Simon and he has responded quickly saying there had been issues but now resolved (that was at the beginning of this week)
2. Anyone have trouble ringing Brookhouse? I’ve rung many many many times but the phone just rings without answer. Simon mentioned he and Darren are busy on other phones but I must have run five times a day for a week.
3. Apart from Brookhouse anyone else supply the door panels (tan) for an 1800S in the UK. I don’t really want to move a way from Brookhouse having used them for 15 years but I need parts!
Russ
PS apparently open on Saturday until 1800, can someone see if they can get a pickup?

edworcs Jul 7th, 2019 08:21

Russ,

I placed an online order on Wednesday this week and it was delivered on Thursday.

The website’s payment page “worked for me”.

I raised a point about confusing delivery prices on their P&P page via the email link (1501g might be better as 15001g/15kg) and got a reply from Simon via email.

I didn’t need to phone, so I can’t comment about that.

Ed

tdz840 Jul 7th, 2019 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by edworcs (Post 2534348)
Russ,

I placed an online order on Wednesday this week and it was delivered on Thursday.

The website’s payment page “worked for me”.

I raised a point about confusing delivery prices on their P&P page via the email link (1501g might be better as 15001g/15kg) and got a reply from Simon via email.

I didn’t need to phone, so I can’t comment about that.

Ed

Thanks Ed
I’m sure it’s me but I just cannot seem to place an order for these interior panels.
They have introduced a simple maths calculation presumed to repel spam. However, mostly it is this position in the process that doesn’t go further.
I even resorted to using a calculator worried my mental maths may be the issue!!
I’m sure I will get there!
Russ

Derek UK Jul 7th, 2019 10:03

I haven't explored this Russ but have you signed up for an account? If you have I would think that you wouldn't have to do the anti-spam/captur thing with an order. I haven't ordered anything for a few months but I've not had any problems whether it's online or on the phone. Email enquiries I gave up on long ago.

tdz840 Jul 7th, 2019 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2534368)
I haven't explored this Russ but have you signed up for an account? If you have I would think that you wouldn't have to do the anti-spam/captur thing with an order. I haven't ordered anything for a few months but I've not had any problems whether it's online or on the phone. Email enquiries I gave up on long ago.

Derek
Never had a problem before with Brookhouse. Always quick and easy.
Simon mentioned they had issues but now resolved.
I’ve refistered 3 accounts with different emails and addresses. Still the same and the anti spam think appears extant wether registered or guest.
Will try and again later
Russ

jimbo1593 Aug 11th, 2019 10:20

They always take ages to answer phone, but prices are usually cheaper on phone than online.

ovlov236 Aug 11th, 2019 12:33

brookhouse

well i do know they were doing a stock take recently maybe its a knock on effect with late orders .......Louise

cassell Aug 11th, 2019 19:46

I ordered three items from the website last week for my ES, all worked perfectly OK, total cost of parts was around £47. Postage came out at an additional £8 which I thought was a bit high but heyho.

Items delivered within two days and without any request Simon emailed and credited my paypal with a postage refund of just over a fiver.

Can't fault Brookhouse, their online ordering system or Simon!

tdz840 Aug 13th, 2019 19:47

All good for me now and ordering once again a pleasure rather than a chore!

sleek lemur Aug 18th, 2019 18:25

I find them very fair and efficient. They do take ages to answer the phone, buy when they do they're keen to help. Eg I called re fresh air vent cables last week and although they didn't stick them, Simon quickly located them at his supplier and I got them the next day. Simon v good at answering emails. Having come from Mercedes SL ownership, I really appreciate the difference between Brookhouse and the SL Shop!