Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Uncomfortable Volvo Seats - why? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316817)

weemark May 13th, 2021 14:03

Uncomfortable Volvo Seats - why?

Say at the outset, I'm 6'7" so my demands of a seat are different to most but...

The seats on my XC90 Inscription Pro are average at best. I have to extend the front portion and by doing so it makes you feel as though you're left sitting on a small balloon with hard edges! Car is in for service today and have an XC60 B5 R-Design on loan for the day, or however long it takes them to reach satisfactory conclusion to my ongoing Powerpulse woes - and the seats on the XC60 are the same. In both cars the back support with lumbar is close to perfect but the bit you sit on is pretty hopeless. How can manufacturers get it so badly wrong?

I should have ripped the seats out of my last S8 and used them in each subsequent car - they were pretty much perfect for my lanky frame!

Polestar Pete May 13th, 2021 14:21

Yeah, I got sold on the reputation of the Volvo seats being magically comfortable.

It took me a good while before I got the position of my seats in a position where I'm now comfortable. I probably have a few more tweaks to make yet.

In previous cars, I've been comfortable after just a few moments of tweaking, not sure why Volvo is different.

I recently found that tilting the seat pan so it's flatter helped quite a bit.

weemark May 13th, 2021 15:15

Sadly form over function seems to be the design mantra for many manufacturers now so not just a Volvo issue.

EssexExile May 13th, 2021 16:22

We're all different. I tried every type of seat available before I bought my XC60 but I'm really happy with it now. The bit I sit on is "close to perfect" but I still need a cushion up my back because the lumbar support is in the wrong place for me.

Hogster May 13th, 2021 17:15

Weird - I have to say the Volvo seats are amongst the most comfortable car seats I have sat in. Perhaps the Momentum spec without all the bells and whistles of movable thigh support, etc. makes it easier to find a comfortable driving position?

weemark May 13th, 2021 18:19

We are all different yes - thats why I said I was 6' 7" attention start. Makes a hell of a difference!

Sotosound May 13th, 2021 18:49

I found that the driver's seat in a V90 R-Design that I had as a loan car was too hard for me, and also a step down in comfort from the seat in my wife's 2015 V60 R-Design, which is both sporty and comfy.

My wife offered the same opinion about the front passenger seat.

A shame, really.

Philip Fisher May 13th, 2021 18:53

I find my seats perfect, but then I don't have the sports seats. I have standard momentum spec seats but with the amber nappa leather. I am not above average height of course. I see myself as mainly average :-)

Boatie May 13th, 2021 21:35

The seats in the my V90 R Design are @@@@. Pre-purchase test drive didn't show up the weakness, the first 50 mile + drive did.

gordonfleming May 13th, 2021 22:06

My v90 r design seats are hard to the point of making my legs numb after half an hour.This is my third volvo and all the other seats have been the best ive ever used.Coming up for 18 months ownership and trust me when i say ive tried ever imaginable seat position,ok im a big lad 6.2 and 18 stone but this has never been an issue for me before.The seats look great but im afraid im done with r design