Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   MY18 XC60 Sat Nav can’t find position (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=284336)

fizz18 Jul 20th, 2018 20:05

MY18 XC60 Sat Nav can’t find position

For the last 2 days my senses navigation is playing up... it can’t seem to locate the car and brings up the map in random places ...

Anyone else come across this?

Anyway to reset the navigation?

nu11eaf Jul 20th, 2018 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by fizz18 (Post 2427659)
For the last 2 days my senses navigation is playing up... it can’t seem to locate the car and brings up the map in random places ...

Have you downloaded the latest map update yet ?. If not try doing that and see it it works ok then, others have reset system by remiving the battery negative lead for 10 minutes.

Clan Jul 20th, 2018 20:34

Quote:

there might just be a fix about to be launched when ready , your dealer will know .

MaDProFF Jul 20th, 2018 23:02

Possible GPS Ariel connection issue, or aerial, is there an actual way to see how many satellites you are connected to with in the sat nav?

It is rare but there has been times when the GPS satellite system is turned off for military purposes in certain areas, but then others would likely complain

Converted Jul 20th, 2018 23:09

Quote:

My S90 had 9 days of sat nav showing the wrong location, so I booked an appointment with the dealer to have it looked at amongst other things. The sat nav started working again the night before the dealer visit. However, the dealer updated the software and that's all they could do. I asked if they have identified the fault, they said "they will have to contact Volvo".

Basically they don't know.

Clan Jul 21st, 2018 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDProFF (Post 2427715)
Possible GPS Ariel connection issue, or aerial, is there an actual way to see how many satellites you are connected to with in the sat nav?

It is rare but there has been times when the GPS satellite system is turned off for military purposes in certain areas, but then others would likely complain

No , never the antenna on xc90 only on xc60 and V40 !

Clan Jul 21st, 2018 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Converted (Post 2427717)
My S90 had 9 days of sat nav showing the wrong location, so I booked an appointment with the dealer to have it looked at amongst other things. The sat nav started working again the night before the dealer visit. However, the dealer updated the software and that's all they could do. I asked if they have identified the fault, they said "they will have to contact Volvo".

Basically they don't know.

they do now as I explained in my first post , a year ago a software would fix it but something else has been found apparently fix coming shortly .

fizz18 Jul 21st, 2018 22:10

Did a reset on the sensus to factory settings but seems to have made things worse...

Car sa nav now places the car in Sweden ... think I need a trip to the dealer..