Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Door lock switch on dashboard!!?! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=196349)

scutyde Jan 12th, 2014 22:27

5 Attachment(s)
The switch is only in the US market and only on cars with the 2 stage central locking.

It is possible to wire it into the "normal" cars, and it simulates the door pin.

I've mounted in an MY96 one, also coupled with the coming home relay from x70 series. In this case I used a suplemental relay which deactivates the "route" between central locking and the coming home relay when ignition is on.

The pinout of the switch is:
2 - illumination (grab from another swich)
3 -LOCK (grounded when active)
4 - ground
5 - ground
6 - UNLOCK (grounded when active)

If your car does not have a power sunroof you can use the connector behind the dashboard near the heated rear window for this.

Here i've done a wiring schematic

Cristian

Tension Jan 13th, 2014 07:12

Thanks! You are a legend!! :D

EMM Jan 17th, 2014 19:46

Dropped you both a PM. I'm afraid to say i think this is beyond me.

If you could do an idiots guide that would be fantastic. I.E Find this wire and cut into here. Buy this type of replay and put here.

Mine has the sunroof connector but no sunroof.

Any help would be great as i would love to add this feature to the car.

Andy

EMM Feb 13th, 2014 22:38

1 Attachment(s)
Connectors?

scutyde Feb 14th, 2014 09:34

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Andy

Afaik as I recall you have an MY95 car which has the older connectors. These look like in the pic I attached. The pic you posted is from a 96 and later connector.

The one you need is the one in the middle from the 3 connectors near the steering column. They are located somewhere in between the steering column and A pillar.

Cristian

EMM Feb 14th, 2014 12:57

1 Attachment(s)
THe blue connector highlighted is the one where the wires are connected?

scutyde Feb 18th, 2014 08:14

1 Attachment(s)
I just discovered I made a (small :D ) mistake, the wire coming from position 6 of the switch has to be connected to the Blue-Pink wire instead of the Blue-Brown wire
The wire is located in the same connector as the Blue - Brown wire

MY 96 and newer position 12
MY 92 - 95 position 23

Sorry guys & thanks Andy ;)
Cristian

04xtfoz Sep 30th, 2014 08:12

850 central lock switch wiring

Hi

i have been reading this thread as i am trying to fit a central lock switch to my 1996 850 the switch i purchased was 9148483, now im reading your diagram and a little confused with a few things,

first, did you cut the connector off from the existing harness and then rewire it to the appropriate pins on the connector under the dash?

or do you just use the existing connector and wiring for the switch, but add the additional relay into pins 7 and 8.

are you able to list it in a step by step process as i'm not following 100% at the moment

thanks william

scutyde Sep 30th, 2014 10:33

If your car has no sunroof you can use the white connector which is behind the blind cap in the dashboard. Otherwise you need to get a connector .

Also if you have no sunroof due to the pre wired connector in the harness you have the lightning wire and also ground.

This makes it easier for the wiring...

You only need the relay if you also intend to fit the light relay with coming home functionality from x70. If you do not plan to do so you can skip the relay.

So the important questions are:
1. does your car have sunroof ?
2. do you plan to fit the home coming relay ? :)

Cristian

04xtfoz Sep 30th, 2014 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by scutyde (Post 1750305)
If your car has no sunroof you can use the white connector which is behind the blind cap in the dashboard. Otherwise you need to get a connector .

Also if you have no sunroof due to the pre wired connector in the harness you have the lightning wire and also ground.

This makes it easier for the wiring...

You only need the relay if you also intend to fit the light relay with coming home functionality from x70. If you do not plan to do so you can skip the relay.

So the important questions are:
1. does your car have sunroof ?
2. do you plan to fit the home coming relay ? :)

Cristian

Hi Cristian

My car has no sunroof, but does have the white 6 pin (5 Wires) connector behind the blank in the dash.

and no i had not planned on fitting the home coming relay

i have plugged the switch in and currently does not work so figured there is some rewiring to do.

Thanks William