Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Unknown slot on Sensus Media System (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289355)

IguanaMAM Dec 5th, 2018 16:12

Unknown slot on Sensus Media System

1 Attachment(s)
When I purchased my MY19 XC60 the dealer told me the slot to the left of the main volume control on the Sensus was for the sim card if I wanted to use the vehicle's modem.

Clearly this is not the case as that goes in the passenger foot well.

What is the slot for? Any ideas?

Whiterdesign Dec 5th, 2018 16:28

I think it is a cabin temperature sensor.

MaDProFF Dec 5th, 2018 18:04

^^^ Yep, it is a cabin sensor. Shame I was hoping it was a SD slot too

CoopsSA Dec 5th, 2018 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDProFF (Post 2473206)
^^^ Yep, it is a cabin sensor. Shame I was hoping it was a SD slot too

Wouldn't it be nice if it was an SD slot?! One thing that let's the Sensus down IMO, the ability to import/store music onto a HDD of sorts.

simonjedrake Dec 5th, 2018 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopsSA (Post 2473249)
Wouldn't it be nice if it was an SD slot?! One thing that let's the Sensus down IMO, the ability to import/store music onto a HDD of sorts.

Wouldn’t it be nice if it was a user programmable quick/easy button to instantly access you favourite task.............such as the 360 Camera.
Have you ever tried to instantly find the applicable menu option as you are descending a narrow exit route in a multi-storey car park.........?

CoopsSA Dec 5th, 2018 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjedrake (Post 2473256)
Wouldn’t it be nice if it was a user programmable quick/easy button to instantly access you favourite task.............such as the 360 Camera.
Have you ever tried to instantly find the applicable menu option as you are descending a narrow exit route in a multi-storey car park.........?

No, don't have my Volvo yet :teeth_smile:

cassell Dec 6th, 2018 14:49

Just an aside from the original question, DO NOT poke anything into that slot as I'm told it contains a very delicate temperature sensing probe which monitors cabin temperature.

Replacements are extremely expensive!

techwatcher Dec 7th, 2018 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjedrake (Post 2473256)

Agreed about a programmable button. Re selecting the 360 camera, you can rearrange the buttons on the function view (just drag and drop them). I have placed my Camera button on the bottom right of the screen - it makes selection a little easier.

namfreak Jan 2nd, 2019 11:20

Agreed on the cabin temperature sensor

It's a shame when dealers themselves are so misinformed. SD card slot indeed!

MaDProFF Jan 2nd, 2019 19:26

I hunted high and low in manual too regarding the slot, could find nothing.