Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   iOS 13 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=298776)

apnicolle Sep 21st, 2019 11:52

iOS 13

At last it is possible to reply to messages through Sensus on an iPhone !

One good reason for iPhone users to upgrade to iOS 13. And in my personal opinion another good reason not to bother using Apple CarPlay anymore.

Discoman Sep 21st, 2019 18:40

Looking forward to this, mind I still have not worked out how to show messages in the first place!

S60Chris Sep 21st, 2019 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by apnicolle (Post 2555772)
One good reason for iPhone users to upgrade to iOS 13. And in my personal opinion another good reason not to bother using Apple CarPlay anymore.

Interesting. I have to drive through some electric gates to get into where I live and iOS 13 means I can now control these from the new apple car play dashboard (an option to trigger a Homekit accessory). The option just appears on the sensus screen as I enter my street as a suggestion which is cool. One tap of the screen and the gates are open by the time I get there.

For me, it's more reason to use Car Play than before!

VOLVOL0VER Sep 21st, 2019 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by apnicolle (Post 2555772)
At last it is possible to reply to messages through Sensus on an iPhone !

Android users have it for long time by now.

WhatNext? Sep 21st, 2019 20:43

Surely the most important reason for Android Auto (and Car Play to a lesser extent l is the ability to use Google Assistant (a voice assistant that actually understands you 90% of the time) and Google Maps/Waze (accurate traffic data and ETA)

simonjedrake Sep 21st, 2019 22:26

Just a word of advice for anyone ‘about’ to upgrade to IOS 13 as Apple have already accepted they rushed this new version out too fast (needed this week to allow new iPhone 11 owners to use the new Apple Watch 5’s Apple Watch IOS) hence they are releasing a major bug fix a week earlier than planned on next Tuesday 24th Sept named 13.1.
The experts are saying the majority of upgraders should wait until next week......which I am finding painful to wait but my iPhone is such a critical device I will have to wait!!!

uro1 Sep 23rd, 2019 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatNext? (Post 2555904)
Surely the most important reason for Android Auto (and Car Play to a lesser extent l is the ability to use Google Assistant (a voice assistant that actually understands you 90% of the time) and Google Maps/Waze (accurate traffic data and ETA)

Actually those "spying" assistants are the reason I do not use Car Play/Google assistant. And Volvos voice assistant understands me 90% of the time without sending my conversations to some servers to be stored there.

MattDell Sep 24th, 2019 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonjedrake (Post 2555946)
Just a word of advice for anyone ‘about’ to upgrade to IOS 13 as Apple have already accepted they rushed this new version out too fast (needed this week to allow new iPhone 11 owners to use the new Apple Watch 5’s Apple Watch IOS) hence they are releasing a major bug fix a week earlier than planned on next Tuesday 24th Sept named 13.1.
The experts are saying the majority of upgraders should wait until next week......which I am finding painful to wait but my iPhone is such a critical device I will have to wait!!!

My phone is fine with iOS 13. I see no reason to dissuade anyone from upgrading.

MattDell Sep 24th, 2019 16:47

Also there was a good discussion on iOS 13 and Carplay in this thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=295813

SwissXC90 Sep 24th, 2019 19:26

Thread needs to be renamed IOS 13.1 as of today ;)

Thread needs to be renamed IOS 13.1 as of today ;)