Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   RTI Sat Nav problem (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=119867)

DaveStroud Mar 20th, 2011 19:12

RTI Sat Nav problem

Have had a C70 for about 6 months on an 07 plate with the RTI satnav. All fine for a while then we had the bad weather in Novembr and it got buried in snow (literally) for about 10 days. Once thawed out the "On call - service required" message came on. I've yet to do anything about it other than ring the On Call centre and confirm they are not picking up the tracker signal. At the same time the sat nav went weird on me for about a week. I live in Nottingham, but the sat nav was putting my position about 30 miles West In Derbyshire. After a week the sat nav suddenly righted itself and I decided to live with the other problem until I have some time off work to take it in. This was until 2 weeks ago when the sat nav has started doing the same thing again, slightly further west this time about 40 miles from my actual location. If I put in a desination it shows it on the map at the right place. Everything else on the sat nav works perfectly.
Obviously the On Call and the sat nav are both GPS so I guess the problem could be linked? Just wanted to run it past you guys before I go to my localmain dealer and sign over my house and children for them to fix it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Dave Stroud

Marcel Mar 21st, 2011 14:04

Hi Dave,

We can check the Sat nav operation for you should you get stuck with main dealer, they would just want to replace it.

Central Services
Volvo radio service
188 Spring Road
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP45NR
01473 725953

regards Marcel

Piff Mar 21st, 2011 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel (Post 868204)
Hi Dave,

We can check the Sat nav operation for you should you get stuck with main dealer, they would just want to replace it.

Central Services
Volvo radio service
188 Spring Road
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP45NR
01473 725953

regards Marcel

Do you also do Volvo phone systems?
Had a recent problem with "on call service required"
Main dealer replaced phone module and I contributed to cost.
Useful to know what services you offer as you are only about 10 miles away from me.

blacklab Mar 21st, 2011 19:14

I have used Marcel for repairing my V50 cd changer, very good service!

DaveStroud Mar 24th, 2011 12:37

Yeah I have a built in phone which is working fine. I wondered if the fault might be in the GPS aerial? Would this explain both the Sat nav problem and the fact that the On Call tracker is not transmitting?

Will let you know.

DaveStroud Mar 24th, 2011 12:38

Thanks for the offer Marcel - a bit far from me.

Piff Mar 24th, 2011 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piff (Post 868404)
Do you also do Volvo phone systems?
Had a recent problem with "on call service required"
Main dealer replaced phone module and I contributed to cost.
Useful to know what services you offer as you are only about 10 miles away from me.

Thanks for the pm Marcel. I will keep your details on file incase I need your services in the future.

ads001 Mar 30th, 2011 10:35

I had a similar problem with mine last week (thought I was in a field near Bedford when I was on the M25), I thought it was due to it not picking up any Satellites and figured it might be due to he connection to the aerial as it is on the boot and might have loosened due to the boot being slammed shut. Anyway, I fiddled with the connection and also had a fiddle with the connections on the Sat Nav unit itself and it works fine now.
Having said that the display reckons I have 0 satellites yet it works ok.

DaveStroud Apr 6th, 2011 13:32

Thanks for that. I'm thinking connection as well or apparently there is a backup battery somewhere in the system that could be an issue as well. Will have a fiddle with any connections I can find tonite.
Cheers
Dave S

tayandre Apr 6th, 2011 14:27

If you got the car from a Volvo dealer won't your used car warranty cover the sat nav repair?