Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   XC40 waiting times (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282247)

rdevicente May 25th, 2018 14:53

XC40 waiting times

Hello there,

Just checking how everybody else is getting on with their waiting times

I placed an order the last week of February for an R-Design Pro, and I was told I should expect it by the last week of May, no later than early June.

Had a call with the dealer last week to check on the car, and they told me the new expected delivery date is... 20-NOVEMBER!

Has anyone else had similar issues and delays?
3 months waiting (from March until June) seemed acceptable, 9 moths seems a bit too much...

Becksie May 25th, 2018 22:27

Me!

Ordered R Design Pro 12/03/18 for a may delivery, finally got a build date 2nd Nov!

I’m undecided if I should cancel as a 8 month lead time is slightly unacceptable.

StewartM May 26th, 2018 19:01

Plenty discussion about this on the XC40 Forum, including the posting of some Volvo UK documents to the dealers which appear to have escaped from captivity.

Clan May 26th, 2018 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdevicente (Post 2407502)
Hello there,

Just checking how everybody else is getting on with their waiting times

I placed an order the last week of February for an R-Design Pro, and I was told I should expect it by the last week of May, no later than early June.

Had a call with the dealer last week to check on the car, and they told me the new expected delivery date is... 20-NOVEMBER!

Has anyone else had similar issues and delays?
3 months waiting (from March until June) seemed acceptable, 9 moths seems a bit too much...

There is a huge demand for this car , volvo have twice as many orders as they anticipated … one of the drawbacks in having multiple car of the year awards I guess .Much the same happened in 2003 when the XC90 was launched .

anotherv60 Jun 4th, 2018 13:52

Just looked at production statistics for May, now have 3 months of XC40 production data. Volvo are producing 5,000 units per month and the press release states that extra production will be available in 2019. With 80,000 orders already that means the XC40 is in seriously short supply!

Volvo got there estimates wrong for this vehicle!!

Clan Jun 4th, 2018 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherv60 (Post 2410682)
Just looked at production statistics for May, now have 3 months of XC40 production data. Volvo are producing 5,000 units per month and the press release states that extra production will be available in 2019. With 80,000 orders already that means the XC40 is in seriously short supply!

Volvo got there estimates wrong for this vehicle!!

They cant get the estimates wrong , you have to come up with a realistic figure for setting up the assembly line , people needed , parts needed etc . They estimated correctly but can't anticipate the car winning 2 major awards as soon as it is launched , they have to adapt now as they go along ..

rdevicente Jun 5th, 2018 13:53

It's very disappointing as well that they don't prioritize depending on when the order was placed but on the model

Momentums and inscriptions ordered in May are being given delivery dates earlier than a Pro ordered in February... :confused_smile:

anotherv60 Jun 5th, 2018 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdevicente (Post 2411103)
It's very disappointing as well that they don't prioritize depending on when the order was placed but on the model

Momentums and inscriptions ordered in May are being given delivery dates earlier than a Pro ordered in February... :confused_smile:

I read that the R Design is the main problem is that the case for the pro versions also?

Celticxc60 Jun 16th, 2018 09:49

I have on order a T5 Inscription pro. Initially scheduled for delivery in June/July. I have now been advised that it will be mid/late October!!

Just as well my very old XC60 is still going strong! I have downsized because of the increased size of the new XC60, which is now too big for my needs.

Just waiting and fingers crossed that it is not delayed again.

Losmcg Jul 25th, 2018 11:24

I ordered an R Design on 15th March and was originally told June/July. I now have a date of 23rd October.

My PCP deal has since run out on my old Volvo and I now have an interim V40 Cross Country to take me up to my new XC40. Don't have much hope though that I will actually get the car late October.