Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   400 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Reluctant 440 Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=209901)

940Graeme Jul 15th, 2014 23:38

Reluctant 440 Sale

5 Attachment(s)
Well the "fleet" has to be thinned out, and the first to go is the 440.

I bought this car from a member on here in December last year and it has served me brilliantly over the 5000 odd miles I have driven in it since then. Mileage now 123,000 - but increasing, still in daily use.

1992 1.7GL injection. T&T until end October 14. Elec front windows, elec sunroof, heated seats....ohh you know the spec.

This is a brilliant car. Never has it failed to start or run beautifully - well except when the Thermostat packed up - but now replaced and running better than ever. Mechanically it is a tribute to its former keepers (mainly one family - Mother to Father to Son), and it continues in daily use with total reliability.

This car comes with a ring binder of history and all orginal handbooks etc.

Yes, there are the "usual" body issues, but nowhere near as bad as most 440's. Nasty "scab" on drivers rear wheelarch, and some small rust on passenger rear. Bit of scabbing on door bottoms, but nothing terminal or major. Only odd bits are the drivers door and passenger door on drivers side. The paint isn't good - it almost looks like someone has taken a brillo pad to it, but the laquer is smooth. Doesn't show up in the pictures, but honestly isn't great. Shame as the rest of the paintwork is great.

So, why am I selling the excellent car? Well he has been booted out of the garage by the aquisition of "Burt" - the 1978 265, and my weekly work mileage now exceeds 300. Now living "on the street" I feel it just isn't fair to him and he needs to go to a new home for the care this great car deserves.

So, on offer to VOC forum members for just £350 (MUCH) less than I paid - on the promise of good care for the future.

I have more pics, and can take any more that you request. PM me, or e-mail to gaiken2@yahoo.co.uk (propably quicker tbh - and I can send better quality pics).

Take care of this one folks, it is a good'un I promise.

Thanks

940Graeme Jul 15th, 2014 23:39

Couple more pics.......

2 Attachment(s)
Some more for you.

volvorocks Jul 15th, 2014 23:51

Thats one for Anadinolin?

Regards

940Graeme Jul 16th, 2014 00:08

One more thing........

It has always been an oddity with this car that the heater control - Demist/Floor/Vent doesn't actually seem to make any difference. I've had half the dash out and can't see anything not connected - it seems to be permanently set on de-mist setting. Never bothered me, but clearly something not right. The temp control (now - since new thermostat) works brilliantly, just not through the right vents!

Sure not a major issue, but just want to make a totally honest sale.

So for further completeness - HID's fitted, but comes with original bulbs and OK modern JVC radio/CD player fitted, but with original radio tape player , (and code) included - but radio wiring looks to have been buggered about with, (rather than just using an adaptor), so re-fitting the original may be a chore. Just so you know.

It does come with a Haynes, and a pair of spare door mirrors too btw!

"Honest Johns Motors"

aka

940Graeme Aug 8th, 2014 12:31

*BUMP*

BARGAIN OFFER - £250 if you can take it away this weekend. No offers, just come and get it!

Anadinolin Aug 8th, 2014 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvorocks (Post 1693059)
Thats one for Anadinolin?

Regards

Might be able to sneak it under the mrs nose...let me find out first before getting excited, likely answer is no...I also need to figure out a way of getting down there or getting the car up here.

jakobandhismakarov Aug 8th, 2014 16:44

I can probably do some kind of collection for you if you pay for the fuel and train fare....but I need to know quickly.

940Graeme Aug 8th, 2014 17:03

Thanks guys, see what you can do - phone nos if it helps:
01323 410060 or 07581 033365

doingitsideways Aug 8th, 2014 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobandhismakarov (Post 1711179)
I can probably do some kind of collection for you if you pay for the fuel and train fare....but I need to know quickly.

Don't let Jon pick it up, it'll halve it's weight by the time it gets to you with him taking bits off for his! ;)

Lol

Seriously though, top shout mate in offering to do a bit of the old pony express. :)

Hope this works out.

Steve :thumbs_up:

Oh, give us a shout when you're up here mate, might meet up for a bit of swearing ;)

940Graeme Aug 8th, 2014 23:29

Now Sold. (YAY)