Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   interior swap (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=340023)

redwon May 13th, 2024 21:54

interior swap

Hi All. I have a manual XC 90 2010 D5. It has tatty front seats that are material and vinyl. The seats are manual. I would like to source a leather interior but it looks like most are electric. I was informed that some years will cause a fault with the SRS system. My question is - can I adapt my car to take electric seats or is this a big job, and what years will be compatible? Thanks in advance. Dave

Something I found out today off topic. I replaced a front sidelight bulb today. Wow! it was so simple it was brilliant. My wife's Golf needs half the front removed plus skinned knuckles to change a bulb.

Carlosos May 14th, 2024 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwon (Post 2949645)
Hi All. I have a manual XC 90 2010 D5. It has tatty front seats that are material and vinyl. The seats are manual. I would like to source a leather interior but it looks like most are electric. I was informed that some years will cause a fault with the SRS system. My question is - can I adapt my car to take electric seats or is this a big job, and what years will be compatible? Thanks in advance. Dave

Something I found out today off topic. I replaced a front sidelight bulb today. Wow! it was so simple it was brilliant. My wife's Golf needs half the front removed plus skinned knuckles to change a bulb.

I would imagine the airbags are identical so as long as you disconnect the battery before removal and after connecting new ones you should be fine although no guarantees.

If it were mine I would by a set and fit them. You will probably have to put some fuses in the fuse box electric seat slots but I think it should be plug and play.

TruckbusUK May 14th, 2024 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwon (Post 2949645)
Hi All. I have a manual XC 90 2010 D5. It has tatty front seats that are material and vinyl. The seats are manual. I would like to source a leather interior but it looks like most are electric. I was informed that some years will cause a fault with the SRS system. My question is - can I adapt my car to take electric seats or is this a big job, and what years will be compatible?

Sure this has been discussed before (have a search) but I do remember that the seats and electrical connectors change over time, so plug and play is not an option unless you stick to the same MY age of seats.

What was the outcome/solution ... I don't know hence my suggestion of a search of the forums. :regular_smile:

redwon May 17th, 2024 16:04

Thanks for the info Truckbusuk and carlosos, much appreciated. I have done a few searches and gained a bit more info. I will bide my time and see if I can find some 2010 model seats to reduce the problems of fit.

seaside matt Jun 13th, 2024 22:58

I've just posted this exact question for my 2010 model too with the same seats