Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   2018 xc60 t5 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=283971)

garytheanimal Jul 11th, 2018 18:34

2018 xc60 t5

Hello all,

My first XC60 is arriving in October, I'll be sad to see my SR go but I have two dogs now so I need the room in the boot.

Has anyone Polestar tuned theirs? and one more silly question please....do the mirrors fold automatically or is there a button as in my SR?

Thanks in advance.

lalith16 Jul 11th, 2018 18:45

Yes, the door mirrors retract/extend automatically upon locking/unlocking the car as long as the relevant setting is activated in the car settings. This can also be done manually using the mirror buttons on the driver’s side door.

garytheanimal Jul 11th, 2018 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalith16 (Post 2424090)
Yes, the door mirrors retract/extend automatically upon locking/unlocking the car as long as the relevant setting is activated in the car settings.

Thank you.

Like you I'm undecided on the Polestar upgrade. Read a few comments on here but it's not decisive, when I test drove it I was reasonably happy with the power but I'm not getting it for that.

lalith16 Jul 11th, 2018 19:00

At the moment Polestar Optimisation is offered at a discounted price of £695 and on a two-week trial period. I am going to have my XC60 T5 P*’d in a week or two to take the advantage of the trial period. I intentionally didn’t include it as part of my factory build spec as I wanted to test the car’s performance as it is and then have it P*’d to get the real feel of the p*’d car. After trialing it for two weeks I will then decide whether to keep it or have it removed with a full refund.

garytheanimal Jul 11th, 2018 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalith16 (Post 2424099)
At the moment Polestar Optimisation is offered at a discounted price of £695 and on a two-week trial period. I am going to have my XC60 T5 P*’d in a week or two to take the advantage of the trial period. I intentionally didn’t include it as part of my factory build spec as I wanted to test the car’s performance as it is and then have it P*’d to get the real feel of the p*’d car. After trialing it for two weeks I will then decide whether to keep it or have it removed with a full refund.

I won't have mine until mid-October at the earliest, hoping the offer is still on then. Thanks for the info.

lalith16 Jul 11th, 2018 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garytheanimal (Post 2424103)
I won't have mine until mid-October at the earliest, hoping the offer is still on then. Thanks for the info.

The offer is there till Sept end.

garytheanimal Jul 11th, 2018 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalith16 (Post 2424109)
The offer is there till Sept end.

Lol, yeah that's about right for me.

bobby2000 Jul 11th, 2018 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by garytheanimal (Post 2424087)
Hello all,

My first XC60 is arriving in October, I'll be sad to see my SR go but I have two dogs now so I need the room in the boot.

Has anyone Polestar tuned theirs? and one more silly question please....do the mirrors fold automatically or is there a button as in my SR?

Thanks in advance.

I've had mine Polestar-ed.
Had mine done under special price, the car was around about a month old when I had it done.
I definitely could notice the difference at the time, unfortunately I've now got used to the increased HP and torque. Would I have it done now, I think the answer has to be yes. I think what would be interesting to do, would be to try a standard car now to refresh my memory.

molsal Jul 12th, 2018 00:21

Bobby, does it alter the gearbox behaviour in comfort mode at all?

bobby2000 Jul 12th, 2018 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsal (Post 2424231)
Bobby, does it alter the gearbox behaviour in comfort mode at all?

Idon't seem to suffer the delay in shifts like some report on here. I use mainly comfort mode, and I would say that the gear changes are almost undetectable.
It was 9 months ago when I had mine done now, and my memory of it in its standard form is just a blur.