Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   240 General: New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=303259)

360beast Jun 17th, 2021 16:05

It has now been 11 days with no updates on the RB thread... Alan is something wrong? Haha.

john.wigley Jun 17th, 2021 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360beast (Post 2745864)
It has now been 11 days with no updates on the RB thread... Alan is something wrong? Haha.

He'll be out enjoying his bikes in the sunshine, '360beast'! :regular_smile: J.

Laird Scooby Jun 17th, 2021 17:50

Quote:

I think he bought a sidecar for his latest bike, put Bob in it with tins of dog food, a tent, stove, bacon, eggs and tea/coffee and they've ridden off into the sunshine on a Big Adventure. :tongwink:

Eiether that or he's just having some downtime and will reappear in due course. Meanwhile, as the saying goes, no news is good news so it's probably safe to assume all is well with the RB and the rest of the fleet.

john.wigley Jun 17th, 2021 18:41

Not forgetting Millicent, I hope, 'L.S.'; now that would be a cat-astrophe! :regular_smile: J.

Othen Jun 17th, 2021 20:06

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2745904)
I think he bought a sidecar for his latest bike, put Bob in it with tins of dog food, a tent, stove, bacon, eggs and tea/coffee and they've ridden off into the sunshine on a Big Adventure. :tongwink:

Eiether that or he's just having some downtime and will reappear in due course. Meanwhile, as the saying goes, no news is good news so it's probably safe to assume all is well with the RB and the rest of the fleet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.wigley (Post 2745924)
Not forgetting Millicent, I hope, 'L.S.'; now that would be a cat-astrophe! :regular_smile: J.

Hi chaps,
My apologies, I've been away on some other business for a short time - but I'm home again now and normal service will resume shortly.
:-)
PS. Bob and Millicent are both fine.
https://i.imgur.com/MrOlD7lh.jpg

Laird Scooby Jun 17th, 2021 20:58

Glad to hear all is on the up Alan, looking forward to normal service resumation in the fullness of time. :thumbs_up:

John - i hadn't forgotten Millicent - in my experience with cats (not a lot admittedly) they don't travel well and have a tendency to wander off when you stop somewhere overnight so i'd decided she probably stayed home with Dan to keep guard on the rest of the collection.

Othen Jul 1st, 2021 17:41

Hi chaps,
I had not driven for nearly a month, but decided I was well enough yesterday and that the RB would be the most suitable car. Having not started in that time, I turned the key… and of course the RB obliged in firing up straight away. There were no oil leaks, no sticking brakes, the auto box operated perfectly as did all the electrics.

So, after a month’s gap I have nothing whatsoever to report about the RB, which is a marvellous testament to my 40 year old car. I must give some attention to the next chapter of the RB’s journey (although I don’t think I’ll be strong enough for the AW71 job this year - and there is no imperative because the BW55 is working perfectly).

Laird Scooby Jul 1st, 2021 19:28

Glad to hear you're bouncing back Alan and the RB didn't throw you any googleys.

Perhaps put the AW71 on ice for now, maybe a winter project to be ready for next summer? :thinking:

Stephen Edwin Jul 1st, 2021 22:03

Alan

I'm sorry to hear of your debilitating illness.

Stephen

Othen Jul 1st, 2021 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2749591)
Perhaps put the AW71 on ice for now, maybe a winter project to be ready for next summer? :thinking:

I’m thinking the spring would be a good time.