Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Where are all the S90 on the road? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=280184)

DeZemBer Apr 3rd, 2018 16:12

Where are all the S90 on the road?

Just placed a deposit for a used S90 and can't wait to get it.

And because of that vested interest, I was trying to look for this wonderful car on the road. However, throughout my 100 miles almost daily travel from Junc 5 to Junc 16 on the M25, I don't see this car at all!

So, I wonder how many of us in here actually drives their S90 :P

tem Apr 3rd, 2018 17:04

Since the launch in 2016, I have not seen one on the roads in the North of Scotland.
Even the V90’s, I have only seen a few.

When Volvo first introduced the S90 to the UK, they expected to only import around 2000 units/year.

tem.

Robshaw2994 Apr 3rd, 2018 17:44

Bought mine new in January 18 so definitely one here in York ...but your right very few about I kind of like it like that though makes you feel kinda unique !!

MOzS90 Apr 3rd, 2018 17:47

Excellent car - well kept secret. I like the exclusivity.

S90D4R Apr 3rd, 2018 18:30

My D4 R design was delivered last week after 6 1/2 months wait, that is why you don't see many of them; they have had issues with the train line, XC90 taking priority (see Volvo press release) and the factory setup in China. I have only seen 1 other in the UK and 2 in Brussels. They are amazing cars and I am blown away by the quality; even after a string of typical German brand cars. I doubt you will be disappointed, if you don't have the front sensors order them I regret this already!

MOzS90 Apr 3rd, 2018 19:21

The only disappointment - why basic front sensors aren’t standard equipment (don’t need that self parking crap) I have no idea.

I also don’t have them but have read retro-fitting them is not cheap.

whoami Apr 3rd, 2018 19:25

Still a massive backlog of orders/deliveries.

DeZemBer Apr 3rd, 2018 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOzS90 (Post 2388471)
Excellent car - well kept secret. I like the exclusivity.

Me too! One of the reason why I went for the S90 instead of a 520D :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S90D4R (Post 2388493)
I doubt you will be disappointed, if you don't have the front sensors order them I regret this already!

I can't afford a new one, so scavenging the used market which I find it quite a lot these days :) I really hope what you say is right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOzS90 (Post 2388511)
The only disappointment - why basic front sensors aren’t standard equipment (don’t need that self parking crap) I have no idea.

I also don’t have them but have read retro-fitting them is not cheap.

Not just the front sensor. I find that their choice of std accessories across their S series and XC series are so weird and some older models have things that will be a paid package in the new car....

S90 Apr 4th, 2018 10:38

I've had mine a year, D4 Inscription, love it, I love the fact you never see them, its a quirky choice but rather that than a BMW or E Class, both of which I drove prior to ordering the S90 and I really don't get the media hype.

The interior of the car is amazing, I have the walnut and the fact its not glossy is nice. Its comfy, quick enough (i have P*) and frugal, sit at 70mph on a long journey and get 60mpg!!!

You will love it!

S90 Apr 4th, 2018 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeZemBer (Post 2388601)
Me too! One of the reason why I went for the S90 instead of a 520D :)

I can't afford a new one, so scavenging the used market which I find it quite a lot these days :) I really hope what you say is right.

Not just the front sensor. I find that their choice of std accessories across their S series and XC series are so weird and some older models have things that will be a paid package in the new car....

Yes but you do get a lot of useful stuff as std, Pilot Assist is a cost option on BMW/Merc/Audi, the Volvo gets the full centre screen, again on the Audi and Merc they are a cost option. When i ordered mine I got pricing for a 520d and the new E220d and both of them were, spec for spec £8-10k more, and thats purely down to badge!