Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Buying a Polestar V60 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275403)

Robbo73 Nov 26th, 2017 20:04

Buying a Polestar V60

Hi guys!

This is my first post on the site and looking forward to being part of the community.

I'm looking to chop in my beloved Alfa GT 3.2 V6 & Alfa 159 Sport Wagon for one performance estate and am seriously considering a Polestar V60. I have had 6 great years with Alfas and the time has come to try something different. I can't face driving a German wagon like a lot of others and Alfa have decided not to make a Giulia Estate. Coming out of a naturally aspirated V6 I think the 3 litre car may be for me but are there any thoughts on the 2 litre Supercharged turbo? Which one overall is the better engine?

Many thanks!

Iain

EWAC Jan 4th, 2018 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo73 (Post 2341722)
Hi guys!

This is my first post on the site and looking forward to being part of the community.

I'm looking to chop in my beloved Alfa GT 3.2 V6 & Alfa 159 Sport Wagon for one performance estate and am seriously considering a Polestar V60. I have had 6 great years with Alfas and the time has come to try something different. I can't face driving a German wagon like a lot of others and Alfa have decided not to make a Giulia Estate. Coming out of a naturally aspirated V6 I think the 3 litre car may be for me but are there any thoughts on the 2 litre Supercharged turbo? Which one overall is the better engine?

Many thanks!

Iain

Hi Iain,
I run the Polestar owners group for the UK, so i am sure i can help out with your questions ;)
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

Luke33 Jan 14th, 2018 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo73 (Post 2341722)
Hi guys!

Many thanks!

Iain

Hello and welcome.

Did you end up deciding on your Polestar? Or made a purchase yet? I'm in a similar boat

Luke33 Jan 14th, 2018 17:34

[QUOTE=EWAC;2353948]Hi Iain,
I run the Polestar owners group for the UK, so i am sure i can help out with your questions ;)
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

Hi Ian I'm unable to reply to PM atm as new member.

I will be looking to buy a Rebel Blue T6 as soon I have sold a couple of my cars

EWAC Jan 14th, 2018 18:12

[QUOTE=Luke33;2357682]
Quote:

Originally Posted by EWAC (Post 2353948)
Hi Iain,
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

I will be looking to buy a Rebel Blue T6 as soon I have sold a couple of my cars

Have you got facebook or instagram? you can contact me there.

EWAC Jan 14th, 2018 18:38

[QUOTE=Luke33;2357682]
Quote:

Originally Posted by EWAC (Post 2353948)
Hi Iain,
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

Created an email address to make contact. see my signature

MTRB Jul 19th, 2018 14:01

EWAC wonder if you can help. Have a 2.4 V60 and looking at buying polestar 2lt but some numpty of a design engineer has removed the roof rails and hence negated some of the ethos and utility of what is a brilliant sport estate. As my wife is disabled we need to carry roof loads on long journeys/holidays and I cannot see roof rails affecting real life performance. The only solution seems to be a retrograde 60's type solution where the grips clamp onto the paintwork and distort the door seals as well as offering restricted anchor positions to those offered by rails. Any experience of roof rails on polestars or these ancient design clamps. The absence of rails seems to restrict much of the potential of the Polestar as an everyday car for skiing sail boarding etc.

Clan Jul 19th, 2018 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTRB (Post 2427180)
EWAC wonder if you can help. Have a 2.4 V60 and looking at buying polestar 2lt but some numpty of a design engineer has removed the roof rails and hence negated some of the ethos and utility of what is a brilliant sport estate. As my wife is disabled we need to carry roof loads on long journeys/holidays and I cannot see roof rails affecting real life performance. The only solution seems to be a retrograde 60's type solution where the grips clamp onto the paintwork and distort the door seals as well as offering restricted anchor positions to those offered by rails. Any experience of roof rails on polestars or these ancient design clamps. The absence of rails seems to restrict much of the potential of the Polestar as an everyday car for skiing sail boarding etc.

I would think it was still possible to add roof rails, are there and blanked holes in the gutters ? I would never use a rack which rests on the paint , the roof steel panel is too thin to take the weight without damage these days , the sub-structure is immense though ...

EWAC Jul 19th, 2018 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTRB (Post 2427180)

I can safely say I am not aware of anyone that fitted roof rails on a polestar.
You Volvo roof rack sits in the gutter and clamps around the roof. I have one and can supply you some pictures if you want to email me (see signature).
Thule also does a rack which sits in the gutter.
If the roof rails are a MUST, then you should be able to fit them as an accessory.
If you need any help/tips when buying, drop me an email and I can give you pointers.

MTRB Jul 20th, 2018 12:22

Thanks EWAC. I have looked at the thule 1673 kit which clamps beneath the door seal and has a fixed spacing of 77cm. Looks like I am constrained to fitting new roof rails if at all possible. The roof box we have to use because of all my wife's disability paraphernalia is some 210 x 95 cm with fixed front overhang of 60 cm and needs about 80-95cm between roof bar centres to prevent a large rear overhang causing an unbalanced load in fact spacing cannot be reduced enough to fit the 1673 kit. Have got volvo guide to fit roof rails but looks like older non integrated type proud of the roof so am uncertain whether drillings will be same.
Dealer selling the Polestar not much help am going to talk to my local dealer.. Thanks again.