Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   New to the forum and to Volvo… (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=292868)

Whaty Mar 15th, 2019 16:14

New to the forum and to Volvo…

I am a complete ‘newbie’ to Volvo and therefore, I would be grateful if someone could advise on the benefits, if any, of creating a Volvo ID and likewise, is it worth installing the Volvo On Call App? I’ve read that the app can be flaky and, in some cases, either simply not work or show incorrect information? I even came across one case were the guy said it started his car every time he opened the app.!?

Any advice, on any aspect of new ownership you could offer would be very much appreciated. Even simple things like fuel. I’ve gone for the D4 and would be interested to know if owners have noticed a difference between using normal and premium diesel.

Regards,
Terry

Wizzpop Mar 15th, 2019 16:32

There were some problems with the Volvo ID, but they were resolved a few weeks ago. The Volvo On Call app works fine for me. I haven't had any problems with it at all.

nu11eaf Mar 16th, 2019 00:28

Ditto,
You will use the app all the time, I have never had any problems with it.

You will form time to time get a message saying your Volvo is not locked when it is, it is not a false message as many people believe but a real message that was sent and not picked up until later. One instance: I was sat in my car waiting for my wife and got the message on my phone app to say car not locked, which was true, when I got home I locked the car and several hours later picked up my tablet which also has the app with the messsge Volvo not locked, it was locked but the message was sent to all my devices with the app when I was sat in the car with doors unlocked several hours earlier. When you open the app it updates to say locked.

Whaty Mar 16th, 2019 08:06

Thanks for the replies. Due to get the car on Monday so might look to setting up the Volvo ID over the weekend and install the app on my phone.

Thanks again,
Terry

Wizzpop Mar 16th, 2019 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whaty (Post 2504668)
Thanks for the replies. Due to get the car on Monday so might look to setting up the Volvo ID over the weekend and install the app on my phone.

Thanks again,
Terry

Make sure your dealer helps set up the app. You will need a PIN code which the dealer can provide.

Philip Fisher Mar 16th, 2019 21:56

We were at friends and I didnt know that I had sat on my keys and opened the boot of the car which was the other side of the wall but out of sight. I was alerted as my phone triggered a warning to tell me that my car was unlocked. Very useful. Oh and of course being a T8 I turn on my car heating using my phone app every winter morning....