Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Speed Limiter ?? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=184633)

Crockers Jul 15th, 2013 20:17

Speed Limiter ??

On my V60 I had a button on the steering wheel that allowed me to activate a speed limiter. I used this quite a bit but have noticed my XC60 doesn't have this item. Have Volvo discontinued it or it it because I have the ACC fitted?

wimorrison Jul 15th, 2013 21:33

Used to have one on a Merc 180 many years ago, but I have never seen one on any of my Volvos though I agree it would be useful.

Strange that this has never been mentioned as a feature on a Volvo before.

simonjedrake Jul 15th, 2013 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 1450939)
On my V60 I had a button on the steering wheel that allowed me to activate a speed limiter. I used this quite a bit but have noticed my XC60 doesn't have this item. Have Volvo discontinued it or it it because I have the ACC fitted?

With ACC you set your speed above which it will never go which will act as your "limiter'. So when you are following a car with ACC set, your car will follow/stop/accelerate etc as per the car in front up to the speed you have set in the ACC. I find that when on speed limited sections of motorways that I just use the arrow buttons (which work in 5mph intervals) on the steering wheel to reduce the speed to the new speed limit - this is very useful with all the latest "average speed" camera sets......

Crockers Jul 15th, 2013 23:18

Fair point Simon but I had it on my V60 and would like it again. I used it a lot when driving with the pedals lol - I supplies I'll just have to get used to using ACC

NewVolvo Jul 19th, 2013 23:00

Our new 2013 V40 has it and is standard equipment AFAIK. Most likely, the new MY 2014 models from Volvo all have it....but do not quote me on that!

Crockers Jul 19th, 2013 23:36

I had it on my 2011 V60 but not on this one. Am thinking it maybe because I have the driver support package

Westyman Jul 20th, 2013 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockers (Post 1453242)
I had it on my 2011 V60 but not on this one. Am thinking it maybe because I have the driver support package

Mine does not have the Driver Support Pack and AFAIK there is no speed limiter as I understand it from your description. Unless you count the one in the passenger seat.......

Whyman Dec 23rd, 2013 21:48

I had it on an E class Merc once it was very useful particularly when in average speed limit roadworks. The advantage over cruise control is that it will cut engine power to prevent you exceeding the set limigt whereas cc will allow you to ceded the set speed. If Volvo have had it and stopped fitting I will be very disappointed.

Ninja59 Dec 23rd, 2013 22:06

The S60 I had on loan in a D5 did not have ACC but did have the speed limiter I liked having it, but then actually realised if you planted your foot down it would disable itself (probably on a safety point).

GMcL Dec 23rd, 2013 22:46

My wife's C4 GP has both and I use both as the cruise control does not work below 40kph.

Volvo cruise control works from 30kph so I have no use what-so-ever for the limiter. It's a redundant button on my steering wheel.