Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   General Volvo and Motoring Discussions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Anyone used Autodoc.co.uk (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=268784)

tony209 Jun 8th, 2017 11:51

Anyone used Autodoc.co.uk

Just found this site, very low prices but lots of negative feedback, mainly on delivery because dispite the web address, parts come from Germany. I don't mind the lengthy delivery times but a couple of reviews say that out of stock branded parts were substituted for their own cheap brand.

Mikew22 Jun 8th, 2017 12:48

I used them two weeks ago with no problem, I ordered a set of Sachs shocks for my C70 and received them in 6 days. I received the correct parts and they were delivered by UPS with tracking.

Dancake Jun 8th, 2017 20:04

Used them a couple of times and had no problems. Even after postage their products still work out cheaper than most local suppliers.

tony209 Jun 19th, 2017 21:51

Just an update on this, everything arrived OK and the branded parts I ordered. Placed order on a Friday, they dispatched following Thursday - a bit annoying, arrived at my local PF depot Saturday and delivered today (Monday) not too bad, I will be using again.

patjordan Jul 20th, 2018 08:34

Untrustworthy

I purchased shock absorbers from this company a couple of months ago. I live in Australia and was planning a trip to Europe, so requested they forward them top my mechanic, who would fit them upon my return a month later. When he tried to fit one of the shocks he found it was not suitable for my make/brand of car. I contacted Autodoc and explained the situation, pointing out that I had used their search engine (detailing make, model, year of manufacture and power in KW. They informed me that their search engine is only 80% accurate. They then asked for the car's VIN number which they than agreed was not the correct part for the car. They had not requested the VIN when I purchased the items or informed me of the inaccuracy of their search tool. They refused to offer a refund or replacement, instead suggesting the correct parts which I could now buy from them.
Trust is a key element in purchasing products online - especially when such distances are involved. I was very disappointed with their response and unwillingness to help or recognise any element of fault on their part. I have now ordered the correct parts, but not from Autodoc - from a website whose returns policy is considerably more reliable/trustworthy, and with whom I have had more happy dealings - ebay!

Petey80 Jul 20th, 2018 11:53

I've used them once for discs all round on my V50.

6-10 days delivery due to coming from Germany, but as my parts were out of stock, took closer to 3 weeks. Web site wasn't updated with stock levels.

Thankfully they didn't send me alternative parts so was happy to receive the ATE Power Discs.

They were the cheapest I could find and as I wasn't in a rush for them, thought I'd give them a go.

I might use them again, not sure?

A lot of the time ECP and e-bay have all the bits I need for a reasonable price.

Dancake Jul 20th, 2018 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by patjordan (Post 2427427)
I purchased shock absorbers from this company a couple of months ago. I live in Australia and was planning a trip to Europe, so requested they forward them top my mechanic, who would fit them upon my return a month later. When he tried to fit one of the shocks he found it was not suitable for my make/brand of car. I contacted Autodoc and explained the situation, pointing out that I had used their search engine (detailing make, model, year of manufacture and power in KW. They informed me that their search engine is only 80% accurate. They then asked for the car's VIN number which they than agreed was not the correct part for the car. They had not requested the VIN when I purchased the items or informed me of the inaccuracy of their search tool. They refused to offer a refund or replacement, instead suggesting the correct parts which I could now buy from them.
Trust is a key element in purchasing products online - especially when such distances are involved. I was very disappointed with their response and unwillingness to help or recognise any element of fault on their part. I have now ordered the correct parts, but not from Autodoc - from a website whose returns policy is considerably more reliable/trustworthy, and with whom I have had more happy dealings - ebay!

Im fairness you can't blame Autodoc for sending you the exact items that you ordered. It's up to you to verify the part numbers and suitability of the parts before ordering. If in doubt, Autodoc offer a vetification service using the vehicles VIN. I've used Autodoc numerous times since my last post, and I still maintain that they are a fantastic resource for parts.

AndyV7o Jul 20th, 2018 16:39

Not used autodoc or buycarparts (same company) yet as I normally find what I need slightly cheaper on misterauto.co.uk, still from abroad and can take a few days to arrive, but not yet had anything supplied wrong or suspect. They once didnt have stock of something showing stock so I got a cancellation email.
Misterauto are owned by PSA group (peugeot/citroen).

DSK Jul 22nd, 2018 17:20

I have used them without issue several times in the last couple of years and will continue to use them when I cannot get what I want. I find their fitment details/data and range of brands to be far superior than Eurocarparts.

With the first order I was a bit nervous as delivery info and communications were in German which I had to use Google translate for.

As mentioned, just expect 7-10 days for delivery typically and you'l be fine.