Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Fuses (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=274391)

bobby2000 Oct 29th, 2017 11:43

Fuses

Has anyone looked or been able to find the fuses under the glove box?
I'm looking in preparation to fit a dash cam hardwire kit.

Clan Oct 29th, 2017 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby2000 (Post 2332326)
Has anyone looked or been able to find the fuses under the glove box?
I'm looking in preparation to fit a dash cam hardwire kit.

there are two fuse boxes under the glovebox the large one , part of the CEM , you have to pull the black cover off , and a smaller black Aux. fusebox to the right ...that one will pop out if you pull it firmly out at the top edge

bobby2000 Oct 29th, 2017 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2332350)
there are two fuse boxes under the glovebox the large one , part of the CEM , you have to pull the black cover off , and a smaller black Aux. fusebox to the right ...that one will pop out if you pull it firmly out at the top edge

Thanks for that.
I've found the black cover and removed 2 screws, but for the love of me I can't remove the cover, I will have to look for the smaller one.
They don't make it easy to replace a fuse,especially if it's beside the road in the dark.

Clan Oct 29th, 2017 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby2000 (Post 2332374)
Thanks for that.
I've found the black cover and removed 2 screws, but for the love of me I can't remove the cover, I will have to look for the smaller one.
They don't make it easy to replace a fuse,especially if it's beside the road in the dark.

There will have to be a serious fault to blow a fuse these days , the only fuse that i have come across that blows is the 12v power socket fuse due to substandard accessories plugged into it shorting the supply or children putting coins in the socket .

bobby2000 Oct 29th, 2017 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2332413)
There will have to be a serious fault to blow a fuse these days , the only fuse that i have come across that blows is the 12v power socket fuse due to substandard accessories plugged into it shorting the supply or children putting coins in the socket .

One of my Peugeot's used to pop a fuse if I tried to use the winscreen washers in the winter when they had frozen up.
Unfortunately that doesn't help me get at mine on my new car.
The dealer has quoted me 2hrs to do a hardwire for dash cam. Seems a bit excessive.

Clan Oct 29th, 2017 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby2000 (Post 2332426)
One of my Peugeot's used to pop a fuse if I tried to use the winscreen washers in the winter when they had frozen up.
Unfortunately that doesn't help me get at mine on my new car.
The dealer has quoted me 2hrs to do a hardwire for dash cam. Seems a bit excessive.

yes seeing that they should know which wires to connect to , or at least can look it up quickly .. one hour at the most i'd say ..

Philip Fisher Oct 29th, 2017 21:24

Or just do what I did and go back to the accessory socket bypassing the fuse box all together. Of course this is only any good if you dont want a parking camera.....

bobby2000 Oct 29th, 2017 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2332533)
Or just do what I did and go back to the accessory socket bypassing the fuse box all together. Of course this is only any good if you dont want a parking camera.....

Would be an easier option, but I dislike wires trailing about.

bobby2000 Oct 30th, 2017 14:10

Hooray I've found my fuses under the glove box, except they aren't really under the glove box, but under the carpet in the footwell.
Okay I guess you could still say it's under the glove box. I still can't get to work on it though, need to remove the door frame trim first.
I think l will leave it to the experts.

Philip Fisher Oct 30th, 2017 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby2000 (Post 2332560)
Would be an easier option, but I dislike wires trailing about.

Not a single trailing wire. All hidden and connected to the back of the accessory socket....