Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   XC40 Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=294306)

Philip Fisher Jun 1st, 2019 22:08

Guy at work has just got nearly 6k off an XC40 inscription pro. You might not believe it and in fact nor did I but I have seen the paperwork so it is true.......

We provided a letter from work explaining that he was opting out of the company car scheme which apparently opened up "trade terms" for him. Only downside is that he couldnt get the service package as that is not available with trade terms......

ak888 Jul 16th, 2019 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo (Post 2518727)
many thanks for all the replies... makes for an interesting read from my side of the fence! :)

All the best

Just stumbled on this thread while considering an XC40 after a 3 year hiatus from my previous XC60.

I remember my experience before car wow way back in 2009. I stumbled on this forum for the XC60 and after local dealers left me unimpressed I found a contact recommended here for some one in Reading (I live in East London). Everything negotiated via email, even my PX was done and guaranteed via emails.No problems whatsoever, and I didn't mind the drive across London and beyond to get to the dealer for pickup. The sales was up front, honest enough and negotiations were easy. Went to the dealer for the final order though as the missus wanted to meet face to face the person we were handing a good chunk of money to.

At the dealer offerer further discount for taking out finance so even better.

If a sales person I dealt with was honest and upfront, then unless a local dealer offered significant discount (say over 200+) then I rather pay that little extra.

A463TYM Jul 29th, 2019 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherv60 (Post 2517617)
The other option is to join the Volvo owners club and for £35 get the affinity discount. So in addition to the dealer discount you get the discount on the car from Volvo plus free paint. In my case I just ordered my new XC40 today - I got a discount of £3882.76, which is very good indeed.

All with no haggling.

That does sound like a decent discount, though it looks like I'd have to be a member for 6 months before ordering :(
(I can see why)

XCWilts Sep 7th, 2019 06:58

XC40 discounts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo (Post 2517468)
Hi

I totally get all of the above, and wasn't criticising the desire to get a good deal in the slightest.

The point I was more making, is that if there are dealers out there (us included) who are offering you a good discount "off the bat" without having to negotiate at all with us then why not give us the business? Often we can do all the paperwork by email including finance documents, etc, and deliver the vehicle to your front door. We even have product trained drivers who give a full handover, exactly like you'd get at the dealership, so the experience (other than not going to the showroom) is exactly the same....

Kind Regards

Marc

I had mine delivered from the above yesterday (I’m based 100 miles from Northampton). All paperwork done by email, good discount, fair p/ex, delivery driver knew his stuff, no hassle. Very happy.

ak888 Sep 7th, 2019 17:29

Can I ask if you got a discount off the car (dealer discount) and the VOC discount with free metallic on top?

Considered1 Sep 9th, 2019 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo (Post 2518727)
many thanks for all the replies... makes for an interesting read from my side of the fence! :)

All the best

Hi Marc

I find this really intersting and I'm mainly with you guys on this thing and would support the dealers who (hopefully) have a sustainable on line business model.

The problem for me would (and is always) the "extended test drive" I need to live with a car for several hours / overnight, tootling around (not necessarily driving the length of the country in it, oh and I dont do weddings in my spare time!) which few are willing to provide.

The best and bravest course of action would be to offer (hopefully via Volvo HQ) a nationwide test drive facility - Vauxhall lent me a car for 4 days a few years ago and didnt even follow it up!

Personally I would pay to hire the car for a week as long as I got the best deal with all commission thrown back in and a fair admin/sale fee paid by me for a transparent deal. Sadly I fear the car industry will be the last to "come clean".

MtillingVolvo Sep 9th, 2019 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2552113)
Hi Marc

I find this really intersting and I'm mainly with you guys on this thing and would support the dealers who (hopefully) have a sustainable on line business model.

The problem for me would (and is always) the "extended test drive" I need to live with a car for several hours / overnight, tootling around (not necessarily driving the length of the country in it, oh and I dont do weddings in my spare time!) which few are willing to provide.

The best and bravest course of action would be to offer (hopefully via Volvo HQ) a nationwide test drive facility - Vauxhall lent me a car for 4 days a few years ago and didnt even follow it up!

Personally I would pay to hire the car for a week as long as I got the best deal with all commission thrown back in and a fair admin/sale fee paid by me for a transparent deal. Sadly I fear the car industry will be the last to "come clean".

A bit like this you mean :)

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/buy/res...est-drive/plus

Considered1 Sep 9th, 2019 17:07

Nice one Marc.
is this just for the XC40 if so when can I expect a T8,,

best regards

MtillingVolvo Sep 9th, 2019 17:13

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Considered1 (Post 2552189)
Nice one Marc.
is this just for the XC40 if so when can I expect a T8,,

best regards

There is no such thing as a T8 on XC40 at this time - There is the T5 Twin Engine (full spec guide attached)

First ones of these will be in the UK around Feb 2020.

Kind Regards

Marc

Gray1969 Sep 30th, 2019 22:47

Hi all,
Just ordered an xc40 R design T4 yesterday from the local dealer about 20 miles away.
I went in armed with my offers from What car on my mobile phone (which were significantly better than carwow btw).
The best offer was from Volvo Grimsby, which is 55 miles from me.
The salesman did the usual thing, looked amazed, took my phone away for 10 mins to show his boss, came back and agreed to match it, explaining that they weren't really making any profit on it now etc etc.
Without getting out of bed and going downstairs to get the paperwork, the discount was in the region of £3500 (10.4% off the MRP).
Very happy to do the deal locally.